Aftermarket Radio, Maestro, and Vehicle Features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So, I took my truck to the dealer to have the brake transmission shift interlock recall done, which required a flash to the BCM. When I got my truck back, all my vehicle features were changed, such as, sound horn when lock with fob, headlight delay, etc. After I changed everything back the way I like it, I noticed two things. Ever since I took delivery of my truck brand new, all doors and tailgate would unlock simultaneously with one press of the unlock button on the fob. Now when I press unlock, just the driver door unlocks, then I press unlock again, and the rest of the doors and the tailgate unlock. I can’t find this type of setting on my radio, and since I never changed it before, I never noticed it. So, for those of you with Maestros AND those with factory radios, are you guys seeing this setting anywhere in the vehicle settings?

Second thing I noticed is, I don’t have the trailer settings (trailer 1,2,3,4) anymore. It’s been over a year since I’ve messed with this and set it up for my TT, but I know it was there. For those running the Maestro, is this setting always there, or does it only become available when I hook up a trailer? I don’t have my trailer available right now to try.

Side note, my Maestro is currently on firmware 2.08.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My settings are buried in the Maestro settings section on my Alpine ILX-207, but they're all there like they were on the stock 8.4. I can also get at my brake controller settings with or without a trailer connected, but like the rest of the settings they are buried in that sub menu.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My settings are buried in the Maestro settings section on my Alpine ILX-207, but they're all there like they were on the stock 8.4. I can also get at my brake controller settings with or without a trailer connected, but like the rest of the settings they are buried in that sub menu.
Right, I know how to access the settings. Can you CONFIRM for me that in the sub menu under “doors and locks” that you have a setting for “remote unlock sequence” and that you also have the “trailer select” and “brake type” settings?
I have the Alpine iLX-107, so ours SHOULD be the same.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Right, I know how to access the settings. Can you CONFIRM for me that in the sub menu under “doors and locks” that you have a setting for “remote unlock sequence” and that you also have the “trailer select” and “brake type” settings?
I have the Alpine iLX-107, so ours SHOULD be the same.

Yup I have all of those settings available. I set my unlock to 1st click driver only, beep on 2nd lock, and I have my trailer #1 setting on Heavy Electric.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yup I have all of those settings available. I set my unlock to 1st click driver only, beep on 2nd lock, and I have my trailer #1 setting on Heavy Electric.
Well...damn, this is gonna bother me. Do you know what firmware version your Maestro is on right now? I’m gonna have to call them tomorrow.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I'm on 2.05 according to my Alpine with the latest BCM/PCM/TCM flash available as of a few months ago (Maybe 2 can't remember when I had them flash it) and the latest software version on my iLX-207. I haven't touched my Maestro since it went into the truck about 9 months ago, but I have been tempted to update it since the camera goes wonky every once in a while. It does look like the latest revision, per the site, is only 2 weeks old so maybe re-flashing to that might fix your issues. Hearing this kind of has me on the fence about doing anything to it since I need access to the brake controller settings depending on which trailer I pull.

ADS-RR(SR)-CHR03-DS (512) (2.8) FOR Maestro RR
Revision Date: Wednesday, June 6, 2018

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That’s the version I have now. The site says 2.8, but it shows on the head unit as 2.08. The thing is, I flashed my spare Maestro while the dealer had my truck, and I swapped it out when I got the truck back, THEN in noticed all this. So it’s hard to pinpoint if it was the dealer BCM flash, or the new Maestro firmware. I’ll call idatalink tomorrow and see what they say.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That’s the version I have now. The site says 2.8, but it shows on the head unit as 2.08. The thing is, I flashed my spare Maestro while the dealer had my truck, and I swapped it out when I got the truck back, THEN in noticed all this. So it’s hard to pinpoint if it was the dealer BCM flash, or the new Maestro firmware. I’ll call idatalink tomorrow and see what they say.

Out of curiosity were you able to resolve it ? If you get it worked out could you update the thread with the fix in case any one else runs into this issue. Kinda want to try 2.8 on my truck, but don't want to get stuck without my settings if there's no fix readily available.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Out of curiosity were you able to resolve it ? If you get it worked out could you update the thread with the fix in case any one else runs into this issue. Kinda want to try 2.8 on my truck, but don't want to get stuck without my settings if there's no fix readily available.
Yup. I’m an idiot. This entire time, I’ve been looking for a “slide bar” on the right side of the screen to scroll down for more options. I didn’t realize to put finger on the bottom of the screen and pull up. So, yeah, they’re all there.