Airbag recall replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I need to get my '04 airbags replaced. I called a local dealer and the said drop it off Monday and it might be done in 3 days. What???? It's my daily driver. They have my VIN #, I don't understand why they can't get the part in and then drop my truck at night and pick it up the end of the day my appointment is. I asked about it and the guy said its first come first serve????? REALLY?!?!

Has anybody had this same type of experience getting your airbags replaced?

Also read about people getting trucks back with non functioning steering wheel horn buttons. wherever I take it, I need to remember to make sure they test the horn or take a video of it working when I drop it off.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had mine done. They had drivers side but not passenger. I had to wait three months for passenger. Yes, it does take about three hours. Make sure you schedule it best for you. They reserve the parts for your vin. Get it done. Nobody likes a claymore blowing up in their face.

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replaced my clockspring with a new Mopar one. Believe me, the old one was shot. Its warrantied for a year. That way, if there was issues when replacing airbag inflators, they had to warranty the clockspring I replaced.