AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is there a place in the fuse box for the fog lights? Like under the fuse box or just on top of it?
If you go to the thread linked below it shows that the harness you buy from M2Mods plugs into two of the pin plugs in the main harness. Check the first page for pictures. Then M2Mod's harness plugs into the second, factory, harness you buy from allmoparparts. That harness had plugs that connect to factory fog lights. I actually bought the factory male plug kit and soldered them onto my aftermarket fog lights so I could plug into the female connectors on the factory harness.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/diy-2013-2018-classic-oem-foglight-wiring-some-09-12-info.105556/

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
Is there a list with the actual meaning of these codes anyplace?
AHBM: Not Set
AMP: Not Set
CCN: Set
DDM: Not Set
VES3: Not Set
SDARV: Not Set
BSM: Not Set
EOM: Not Set
HFM: Not Set
HSM: Not Set
HSTW: Not Set
HVAC: Set
ITM: Not Set
LRDM: Not Set
LRSM: Not Set
MSMD: Not Set
OCM: Not Set
ORC: Not Set
PDM: Not Set
PTS: Not Set
Radio: Set
RRDM: Not Set
SCM/SCM (CAN-B): Not Set
SDAR: Not Set
AHLM/HIDT: Not Set
SUNR: Not Set
WCM: Set
VES: Not Set
DISP: Not Set
NAV: Not Set
PLGM: Not Set
PASS: Not Set
PEM: Not Set
PTCM: Not Set
TM: Not Set
TMC/TMM: Not Set
PTIM: Not Set
ABS: Set
PCM: Set
TCM: Not Set
ORC/ ORC (CAN-C): Set
WCM/WCM (CAN-C): Not Set
FDCM: Not Set
ESM: Not Set
SCM (CAN-C): Not Set
SUSP: Not Set
HGM: Not Set
ISG: Not Set
PEM: Not Set
EAC: Not Set
OCM: Not Set
ACC: Not Set
EPS: Not Set
APM: Not Set
TCM: Not Set
BPCM: Not Set
HCP: Not Set
MCPA: Not Set
MCPB: Not Set

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Someone more knowledgeable will respond to query on codes. But, as a public service I will repeat what I was told at the beginning - MAKE A COPY of all your settings before you start changing anything. It will help immensely if you make a mistake.

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
Yup, first thing I did when I got my 1500, then printed it and made a binder for "tuning"

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone more knowledgeable will respond to query on codes. But, as a public service I will repeat what I was told at the beginning - MAKE A COPY of all your settings before you start changing anything. It will help immensely if you make a mistake.

That is very important. I did just that.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The module abbreviations could be their own separate thread if someone wanted to chase it down and update them regularly. I know a few off hand, but don't have any reference material about it.

EOM = Electronic Overhead Module (ie compass/HomeLink)

HSM= Heated Seat & wheel module

AHBM = Automatic High Beam Module
(smartbeam sensor in some RV Mirrors)

VES = Video Entertainment System (Inputs)

SDAR = Satellite Radio (Sat. Digital Audio Rcvr?)

HFM = Handsfree Module (built into radios now if equipped)

ITM = Intrusion Module (ultrasonic add-on for vehicle theft alarm?)

VTA = Vehicle Theft Alarm

M² Mods.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Found these earlier in the thread:

ECU - Electronic Control Unit (basically, generic term for anything listed here as a "Module")
PCM - Powertrain Control Module (Engine computer)
BCM - Body Control Module (Body computer)
CMS - Customer Settings Menu (the menus on the radio)
DRL - Daytime Running Lights
DDM - Driver Door Module
PDM - Passenger Door Module
ICS - Integrated Center Stack (aka the Radio, HVAC controls, switches, etc)
VTA - Vehicle Theft Alarm
EVIC - Electronic Vehicle Information Center (aka the Instrument Cluster)
IPC - Instrument Panel Cluster (what the EVIC is labeled in AlphaOBD)
RFH - Radio Frequency Hub (handles communication with the Keyfobs and TPMS sensors)
"Key in MAR" - Key in the Run position, but engine off (not running)
CHMSL - Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (aka Third Brake Light)

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
Thanks for the response Mpgrimm2 and tron67j. I think that would be a very handy list to have but a lot of digging to fill and maintain it.
I lost power windows and was hoping it was one of the "not set" in my list.

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
I wonder if its as easy as WCM= Window Control Module.
I'll try setting that one.
I see it was already set. :(

Litefghtr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hello,

I too am one of many looking to reset the tire pressure sensors and I see this thread was posted a few yrs ago and I'm curious if anything has changed over time.

If I'm understanding correctly, I need to purchase a OBDLINK MX+ and then once it arrives, I need to download onto a computer or tablet the software provided in the first post?

I'm assuming, I need to buy the connection cable as well.

Once I have software downloaded then I have instructions on that first post on how to reset the tire pressure limits.

I'm a bit confused about is the whole google drive part of the instructions. Does everyone have to use that method?

Also, how do I save an initial report of all my settings in case something goes wrong and I need to revert. Oh I also need to get that 4 digit pin from the dealership too right?

I have a 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel that is already deleted

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello,

I too am one of many looking to reset the tire pressure sensors and I see this thread was posted a few yrs ago and I'm curious if anything has changed over time.

If I'm understanding correctly, I need to purchase a OBDLINK MX+ and then once it arrives, I need to download onto a computer or tablet the software provided in the first post?

I'm assuming, I need to buy the connection cable as well.

Once I have software downloaded then I have instructions on that first post on how to reset the tire pressure limits.

I'm a bit confused about is the whole google drive part of the instructions. Does everyone have to use that method?

Also, how do I save an initial report of all my settings in case something goes wrong and I need to revert. Oh I also need to get that 4 digit pin from the dealership too right?

I have a 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel that is already deleted

Thanks in advance for any help.

You don't need the security cable with a 2016. Everything else you are correct on. How to save your initial report should be in the first post. The first post should give you all the info you need.

McIrish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone, first post here looking for help. I have a 2020 Warlock and bought a 2020 7 evic. I was able to get idle hrs and hr total to change but I can't get milage to change it will same complete and let sleep but it never changes. I'm using obd mx+ and koad bypass. I've bought and tried both windows and android versions of alphaobd tried various key positions but no go. Any ideas? Thanks for your help

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone, first post here looking for help. I have a 2020 Warlock and bought a 2020 7 evic. I was able to get idle hrs and hr total to change but I can't get milage to change it will same complete and let sleep but it never changes. I'm using obd mx+ and koad bypass. I've bought and tried both windows and android versions of alphaobd tried various key positions but no go. Any ideas? Thanks for your help
there is some belief that the performance of the tablet communications is at fault and changing baud rate I believe helped SOME people
for me it worked first try / I have the MX NON+ and a PIXEL2 phone

McIrish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the reply I ordered the obdlink ex cable and will try this weekend with the windows version usb to obd direct connection and see if that will work. Did you raise or lower the baud? Is it just try either way and keep your finger crossed type deal??

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does a 2017 need the harness to use? or can I just use my bluetooth device? My buddy wants me to switch some stuff on his.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No bypass harness needed for a 2017 or earlier. Just remember to upload his original BCM settings to Google Drive.

I forgot to do that with mine. I probably should save my settings now. I will have to look into how to do that.

Evguy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM1500
Engine
Cummins ISB 170
If your replacing a BCM can you just download the original file from Google into the new BCM or is it just the text file to go through and compare manually?
Basically can you clone the BCM from the original file?