AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being as my VP4 was out of a 15' Limited, it came with 5 years of Travel Link and was already under apps. Does the newer 2018 UAQ radios not have Travel Link already in apps? I too enabled this thinking it might be something different than what I already had but seen no change. Unless this is something different.

Adding this and others to known working as well as recent issues/info.
The 2013 to 2017 radios have the app built into them so it doesn't matter if you have your BCM enabled or not but on the 2018 and up UAQ radios they read the Travel Link feature directly off of your BCM so if you're Travel Link is not enabled in your truck it will not appear in your settings menu.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been continuing to experiment with the different DRL settings and I've found one that, while it's listed in the google drive doc as "Known good", does not work on my 2014 CC Express with factory projectors and normal halogen bulbs. The High Beam setting does not appear to work. It takes the setting, but the high beams do not come on as DRLs. (The Turn Signal and Low Beam DRL settings work fine). I drove around with it set to HB for several days to no effect. Not sure if it's the MY, the factory projectors or what. And yes, the High beams do work normally when the headlights are turned on. :) I also tried switching it back one of the other settings, then back to the HB setting again, no change.

2014 1500 CC Express. The BCM was last flashed by the dealer in Sept 2017 to correct TSP 18-072-16 (Permanent Trouble code Lost Contact with BCM) so it should be at the level that was current at that time.

I also ran into another couple of the "turn on light X" functions that do not work. I filed another bug report with the author. I noticed a difference from the such last issue I found though. The last one (left reverse light), no errors were returned. For these I am getting an error from the app that indicates that the ECM rejected the command due to an out of range parameter.

Left Highbeam
Left Front Parking
Right Front Parking

-K

Thanks for the feedback. Added to issues doc. Couldn’t remember if I was told it worked or if I verified myself so I set mine to high beam DRL.

afba404a41f6861583fa0311d2621ed8.jpg

Prefer the signals so changed back. May be another one of those 14’ truck issues.

Edit: 16' Express came with quads. Upgraded to projectors out of a 16' Laramie with Retroshops harness. HIDs in lows and 9011s in highs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Edit: 16' Express came with quads. Upgraded to projectors out of a 16' Laramie with Retroshops harness. HIDs in lows and 9011s in highs.

I wonder it that's the difference. Anyone out there with factory projectors tried the high beam DRLs or willing to give it a try?

-K

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I also ran into another couple of the "turn on light X" functions that do not work. I filed another bug report with the author. I noticed a difference from the such last issue I found though. The last one (left reverse light), no errors were returned. For these I am getting an error from the app that indicates that the ECM rejected the command due to an out of range parameter.
Left Highbeam
Left Front Parking
Right Front Parking

Quick update, I got the following response back from my bug report this morning:

Thank you again for the information and the log!
This is basically the same issue, it is fixed in the new update to be published this week.

So it looks like we've got an update coming this week, yay! :)

-K

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This thread is great. I was thinking I had to buy an AE, but I just bought the software and ordered the MX. Can't wait until it gets here Wednesday!

Have you guys figured out how to enable power fold mirrors yet?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread is great. I was thinking I had to buy an AE, but I just bought the software and ordered the MX. Can't wait until it gets here Wednesday!

Have you guys figured out how to enable power fold mirrors yet?
There is a setting with the tool to turn on the powerfold option. To the best of my knowledge nobody has had the correct door modules yet to enable it and see if it works. SilverRamguy is in the process of getting all his parts at this moment and within a week or two I'm hoping I can try it on his truck and see if it works.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I can confirm the High Intensity Discharge Headlamps option works for those of us with HID retrofits.

My truck came factory with quads, then i converted to OEM projectors and added HIDs. My Engine bay has a huge abortion of resistors and modules to make it all work and eliminate flickering & Headlamp out warnings. Even with that cluster F**k of resistors and modules i'd still get bulb out warnings fairly often and one of the HID's wouldn't fire.

Since I've turned on the High Intensity Discharge Headlamps, no more flicker on startup, no more random failure to fire, no more headlamp out warnings. I can actually use my automatic lights again, this is amazing, well worth the $50. When i have a free weekend I'm gonna get in the engine bay and pull that mess of resistors/modules out and make sure everything still works.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There is a setting with the tool to turn on the powerfold option. To the best of my knowledge nobody has had the correct door modules yet to enable it and see if it works. SilverRamguy is in the process of getting all his parts at this moment and within a week or two I'm hoping I can try it on his truck and see if it works.

Well, I had used a Genie to activate mine before AlphaOBD was available, but I can confirm that the settings that we believe are needed via Alpha are the ones that the Genie enabled.

Edit: You DO need the proper door modules and driver door switch though.

-K

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well, I had used a Genie to activate mine before AlphaOBD was available, but I can confirm that the settings that we believe are needed via Alpha are the ones that the Genie enabled.

Edit: You DO need the proper door modules and driver door switch though.

-K

Thanks guys. I installed my painted mirrors the weekend before last, I wasn't in a hurry to get the modules and switch because I thought it was either $300 for the genie or just under $500 for the AE. Now that I have the Alpha coming, I'll be ordering the rest of the parts in the coming days.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks guys. I installed my painted mirrors the weekend before last, I wasn't in a hurry to get the modules and switch because I thought it was either $300 for the genie or just under $500 for the AE. Now that I have the Alpha coming, I'll be ordering the rest of the parts in the coming days.
@g00fy, @kad and @jshillin Keep us updated on your findings/progress. Thanks!
For those that are looking, I confirmed the CC Door power fold modules used in my 2013 Ram1500 SLT Sport mirror upgrade are the same as the factory ones in my 2018 CC (via the AlfaOBD)...

Door switch i issued was 68110867AB
And Flat black Sport/Bighorn mirrors/modules in bold on my 13…

(Pwr Fold, Heated, AutoDim w/o color, w/puddle/signal)
(R) Pass Mirror: 68231240AD (GuK) Dr Module: ____68225102AC____
(L) Drvr Mirror: 68231241AI (GuK) Dr Module: _____68225103AC___

Keep in mind these are not the Chrome Laramie style memory mirrors. Note sure about the PN for those, but the modules do support memory if the CSM module is also installed.

7621d862cdc4fb4ce15ad8a2711c9794.jpg

M² Mods.

Last edited:

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
So it's really burning my ass that i can't get the SRT Performance Pages... I've gone into the settings and Enabled "SRT" and "Performance Pages" I got the SRT splash screen on my Uconnect but no joy as far as the actual Performance pages go.

I See that there's an OBD Genie that can be had that can unlock them on the following vehicles:

2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee

2015+ Dodge Challenger

2011+ Dodge Charger

2011+ Chrysler 300

So this makes me think if i were to tell the truck it's actually one of those vehicles as well as having SRT & Performance pages enabled, it'll probably work... I just don't know what it'll do to the rest of the truck if i tell it it's a 2015 Grand Cherokee TrackHawk lol, has anyone changed the Vehicle setting on their truck and what happened?

Domino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
So it's really burning my ass that i can't get the SRT Performance Pages... I've gone into the settings and Enabled "SRT" and "Performance Pages" I got the SRT splash screen on my Uconnect but no joy as far as the actual Performance pages go.

I also enabled the SRT Performance pages with the AppCar OBD application and again with Alpha. I did get the SRT logo and I could see the performance page icons on the app screen. Just blank sctreens when I tried to access them.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@g00fy There is a thread or post somewhere saying if you have ever had Uconnect Access or something along those lines, you cannot enable the SRT apps.

Be very careful changing those settins for vehicle line.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also enabled the SRT Performance pages with the AppCar OBD application and again with Alpha. I did get the SRT logo and I could see the performance page icons on the app screen. Just blank sctreens when I tried to access them.
This is the first I have heard anyone say they actually could see the apps (even though blank). Mostly all only get the splash screen on boot and blank screen on EVIC.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Huh, I didn't even get the Icons, just the SRT splash screen & Themes...

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Blue theme is awesome btw, #6 or 7 can't remember which. You can also go back and get rid of the SRT boot and still have the theme as long as you don't change anything in themes of course.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
This is the first I have heard anyone say they actually could see the apps (even though blank). Mostly all only get the splash screen on boot and blank screen on EVIC.

Yea i don't know if i'm ready to take that gamble... I do recall reading somebody on here accidentally changed their Vehicle to a Sprinter or something, it gave them problems, but once they changed it back to Ram1500 everything went back to normal... Debating if i want to change it see if it unlocks the pages then change it back before i have to drive anywhere.

And yea, the blue themes are awesome, I think i'm running #7

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea i don't know if i'm ready to take that gamble... I do recall reading somebody on here accidentally changed their Vehicle to a Sprinter or something, it gave them problems, but once they changed it back to Ram1500 everything went back to normal... Debating if i want to change it see if it unlocks the pages then change it back before i have to drive anywhere.

And yea, the blue themes are awesome, I think i'm running #7
I have done the same by accident and was able to revert back with no issues other than clearing codes. Doesn't mean that everyone will have the same experience however. With any of this, there is always the chance of a tow to the dealer for a flash. I mean with any setting for anything. You just never know as there are too many variables.

I knew and took the risk because with as much as the dealer wants to charge and with some things they can't even do...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have seen some guys that were able to get the performance pages working about six months ago in the Ram but they wouldn't say how they were able to do it. Cusomtronics also had the option to turn them on at one point but they no longer have the option. It would be cool if someone who has a Challenger or Charger or any of the other vehicles that had the performance pages try to enable then with the tool and see if it works. That way we could see if possibly there's a setting that we're missing somewhere or if it just won't work with the tool with the trucks.