AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dang. Was hoping that would disable it. I've got one working sensor out of the four. Pressure gauge works just as good and is cheaper.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Unfortunately didn't work for me. I'm also just getting started with it. I did base and premium.
I am curious as to how you tried, As i said i have not done it, I thought i heard that if you took it off base system and turned on the premium system that it would just monitor the pressures like on the 3500s. I am going to play with it this weekend and see what i can come up with.

malsup83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have it written down at home what all steps I took. I can't remember off the top of my head

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can someone help me program my key fob's? Am I missing something? Do i need a specific headlight on or something else. Here is what I have tried.

Car: 2017 Ram 1500 Express

I have ordered 3 keys from amazon. Its not the "keyless start" kind but the ones you have to put into ignition. The FCC ID was identical in the listing on amazon (GQ4-53T) but once i got the key it showed a different FCC ID (2aokm-cyv2) so maybe that is why it failed. But i assume its just because they should still work for the one in the listing? My remote is the 3 button, unlock - lock - panic. One of the reviewers on the single pack said they got it to work before though i ordered double pack.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07982G11C (3 button pack)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0797Y577W (4 button single)

I followed the guide per this thread using alfa and mx obd. I got the pin from the "pin puller" android app since dealer said no. When i put the key to be programmed into the ignition, I left it as it was "off" - nor turning of the key. (Not ACC or ON or engine started). I tried programming using the "baseline system" keyfob (NOT 'highline system', or the default 'Program Ignition Fobik's'). After clicking start i get a message on all three that states:

Failed. Conditions not correct or Request sequence error.
The fault afterwards reads as follows:

Faults Found / Error Code:
B1A24
Key Not Programmed

Last test completed unsuccessfully
Error Present
Failure Warning Lamp 'ON': Not Requested​

Anything i need to try? Headlights on? Warning Hazard lights? I really want to get this to work.

Thanks for the help!
The baseline system fob programming hasn’t been working for the last few updates. The last known working version is 2.1.6.4 (Android).

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On a 2013 with the Alpine stereo system can the AlfaOBD program retrieve the radio pin code.
Here is pic of my radio2013 radio.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On a 2013 with the Alpine stereo system can the AlfaOBD program retrieve the radio pin code.
Here is pic of my radioView attachment 160724
The Alpine system uses the same radio as the standard 8.4 system. We haven't been able to retrieve the unlock code for the radio with the tool at this time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That wou

That is the setting I used on my Ram and it worked. I do remember reading on the forum somewhere that if the vehicle is Canadian (in the Alfa settings) that no matter what you set in the drl settings wont do anything. I believe they had to change that to USA to “unlock” the drl settings. Do a search, but I think it is in this Alfa thread somewhere.

I recall reading something like that, too.

I've been combing this amazing thread, for days...

Thanks for the info.

Bob

on my 2014 Canadian spec I can turn on/off drop out and it works also can change location of the DRL
I saw on a JEEP VID that "europe drl" turns on the markers with the DRL and tried the 2 Europe options and that turns the DRL's off

I have a RA2 radio and have NOT had the DRL customer menu option initialize and is over a week now
ASSUME country code when set tells the other components radio included and the radio FW blocks that option I believe someone on here had a RAM from Europe and the radio tuned differently for EUROPEAN radio stations and I thought they changed to American and the RADIO changed to an AMERICAN tuning one

Onethatislazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
on my 2014 Canadian spec I can turn on/off drop out and it works also can change location of the DRL...

I have a RA2 radio and have NOT had the DRL customer menu option initialize and is over a week now
I have a Canadian RAM with an R2. To enable the option under lighting I made the following changes :
CBC Features DRL from Canadian to Optional
ECU 3 DRL Customer setting from No to Yes
Customer Set Menus from No to Yes

Took a few cycles and about half a day to show. Confirmed working as expected to enable and disable DRL.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Also remember the headlights need to be in auto setting in order for the auto high beam to function and it needs to be dark outside.

Seems to be working! I have to be travelling over 22Kph (~14mph) for them to activate.

Need to observe a bit more before I decide I like it. So far it seems to be very sensitive. Reflectors on mailboxes and shiny ice piles seemed to occasionally cause it to dim the lights.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems to be working! I have to be travelling over 22Kph (~14mph) for them to activate.

Need to observe a bit more before I decide I like it. So far it seems to be very sensitive. Reflectors on mailboxes and shiny ice piles seemed to occasionally cause it to dim the lights.
That's great. As far as I know you are the first person to get it to work with the RA2 radio. Is the option to turn it on an off in your settings menu on the radio yet?

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
wow well I took a while trying to add my automatic high lights and still not working everything seems to me on the radio 8.4 but never worked

Ram-engineer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Ok so I adjusted my tpms sensor pressure to 60 and now that it's around there it says I flat to 60 psig but I put 65 in and still no change is there another setting I have to change to get it to really work at 60

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok so I adjusted my tpms sensor pressure to 60 and now that it's around there it says I flat to 60 psig but I put 65 in and still no change is there another setting I have to change to get it to really work at 60

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Go to post 1 look for my name and open the Google drive link. There are detailed instructions with pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can the Seat belt chime be disabled with the AlfaOBD program in a 2013 ram big horn?

thanks

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can the Seat belt chime be disabled with the AlfaOBD program in a 2013 ram big horn?

thanks
I would think so. I’m not sure if anybody has tried because everyone just uses this method:
1. sitting in the truck buckle the seat belt.
2. turn on ignition without starting the truck.
3. wait for the seatbelt light to go off on the EVIC
4. with in 10 seconds, unbuckle, rebuckle 3 times. leaving the seat belt buckled the third time.
5. Turn off ignition. you should hear a chime confiring the change.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I going to go try it now in my truck it last from 2-3 minutes way to long

thanks

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I tried 3 times and did not disable the chime.
Is the directions suppose to work on all rams as mines a 2013.

Any other suggestions

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well I tried 3 times and did not disable the chime.
Is the directions suppose to work on all rams as mines a 2013.

Any other suggestions
Yes. Keep trying.