AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Good thought in the battery. So you did switch the settings over to LED? Then let each side run for a bit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

hougie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Do you have a 2500/3500? What year do you have?

You are selecting BCM, active diagnostics, then update pressure thresholds correct? The process was slightly different for my 2012 and it took me a couple tries. On my 2012 the light went of immediately once the BCM accepted the changes, but with other years it may take some time or driving around for few miles for the light to go away.

If you have a 2500/3500 with the light load button on your panel... Look at: BCM, active diagnostics, car configuration change, select option, then scroll down to vehicle config 4. In the vehicle config 4 options there are 4 settings for max load and light load settings.

I'll wait to hear what year/model before I go off more on the max vs. light load in case you don't have that option.

I have 2017 ram 2500, no light load button in truck. I'll look in BCM and see what it says. My evic says to inflate to 63psi but that doesn't make my light go out . I drive it on the highway for 15 minutes to check it.

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Be aware!

Some of these settings obviously carry over from other vehicles lines and setting them randomly can cause serious issues with the truck working. There have been some settings that when changed actually turn off/on multiple settings and can be very difficult to find out what happened and undo it.

This has happened to a handful of people early on (can't remember who) and they either had to take their truck to the dealer or it took them several days or longer to chase down the changes by comparing their original settings.

*** Make sure you create/save a backup text file of your original BCM config (ie gDrive) before doing anything ***

M² Mods.
I appreciate your concern sir! I'm not brave enough to try any unknowns with the Alfaobd as i am new to it. I changed some light setting for LEDs and Low Beam Drop Out.. watched youtube videos to walk me through and took screenshots of what I did. I do need to figure out the gdrive before attempting anything else. Next on my list is disabling the damn Panic Alarm.. hate that damn thing.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just successfully set LED fogs to DRL. Love this tool.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hulk181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you change your mirror to one that is Smart Beam capable? What mirror did your truck come with originally? Depending on your original mirror, you may also need a different harness that goes to the rear view mirror.

I did switch out the original non-camera mirror for one with the camera. The connection was the same as the original mirror. The auto high beam option did show up in uConnect after I did the steps through AlfaOBD. Again something is causing the tailgate with these steps to stay locked. After I revert the steps then the tailgate works. I'm debating if I should try one step at a time to determine what is causing the problem with the tailgate. This is on a 2019 1500 Bighorn. Any other suggestions?

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I did switch out the original non-camera mirror for one with the camera. The connection was the same as the original mirror. The auto high beam option did show up in uConnect after I did the steps through AlfaOBD. Again something is causing the tailgate with these steps to stay locked. After I revert the steps then the tailgate works. I'm debating if I should try one step at a time to determine what is causing the problem with the tailgate. This is on a 2019 1500 Bighorn. Any other suggestions?

Where did you source the Smart Beam mirror from? Bought new or from a salvage yard? If new what was the part number? And if salvage yard, can you post a pic of the back of the mirror. Unfortunately salvage yards are notorious for misidentifying Auto-Dim mirrors for Smart Beam mirrors.

I added a Smart Beam to my 2017 Ram 2500 but had no issues. I did all of the changes in the BCM at the same time.

See post #7086, page 709 this thread, link below for reference....
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-709#post-2032282

hulk181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Where did you source the Smart Beam mirror from? Bought new or from a salvage yard? If new what was the part number? And if salvage yard, can you post a pic of the back of the mirror. Unfortunately salvage yards are notorious for misidentifying Auto-Dim mirrors for Smart Beam mirrors.

I added a Smart Beam to my 2017 Ram 2500 but had no issues. I did all of the changes in the BCM at the same time.

See post #7086, page 709 this thread, link below for reference....
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-709#post-2032282

I bought the mirror online new from SummitRacing.com

MOP-68312206AA
MIRROR, INSIDE REAR VIEW, 2019-2020
(Mfr. #: 68312206AA)

It looks the same as the one in the link you posted.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the mirror online new from SummitRacing.com

MOP-68312206AA
MIRROR, INSIDE REAR VIEW, 2019-2020
(Mfr. #: 68312206AA)

It looks the same as the one in the link you posted.

Do you have the security bypass harness in place while trying to make the changes?

Txdodge68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a quick question, I just bought a Galaxy Tab A that I was going to download AlphaODB on to so that I can use it on my 2014 Ram Express. Will this work okay on this tablet the only reason I ask is that on the google play store it says that the app may not be optimized for my device. I would hate to download it and then it not work right. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Crew Cab
Engine
Just a quick question, I just bought a Galaxy Tab A that I was going to download AlphaODB on to so that I can use it on my 2014 Ram Express. Will this work okay on this tablet the only reason I ask is that on the google play store it says that the app may not be optimized for my device. I would hate to download it and then it not work right. Any help would be appreciated.

You can download the FREE Demo Version to ensure that it will work.

RodeoGeorge

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It works fine on my galaxy tab a.

That warning is probably due to resolution not being optimal.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also have a Galaxy Tab A and AlfaOBD works fine on it.

Txdodge68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone, first mod will be upgrading to power folding mirrors.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I am using the 2018+ FCA Security Gateway Module Bypass from Infotainment.com.

hulk....the only thing left I can think of is: what dongle are you using to connect to the BCM? The MX? In fact is your AlfaObd program on an android device or a computer running windows?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hulk....the only thing left I can think of is: what dongle are you using to connect to the BCM? The MX? In fact is your AlfaObd program on an android device or a computer running windows?

Pretty much what I was left with wondering.

The fact that the tailgate lock actuates at some point makes me think the OBD adapter in use might not be fully compatible for writing to the BCM, and/or not fully compatible with the infotainment gateway.

hulk181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

I am using the BAFX Products BAFX3127 OBD from Amazon and am running AlfaOBD on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. I went with this OBD and security bypass because I saw elsewhere that someone used this combination to install a brake controller successfully on a 2019. What OBD would you suggest to try instead?