AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
They said they only have 15 minutes to retrieve the code once they get the code from FCA in am email and the code was only good for 3 hours. We will find out tomorrow once I get the unlock cable. I will report back. Thanks

Sent from my NX629J using Tapatalk

Your profile shows you as having a 2017. What unlock cable are you getting tomorrow?

CtCarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
A question for the guys that have used "configuration change" in AlfaOBD to eliminate "bulb out" EVIC messages and hyperflash for retrofitted front turn signals, exactly what did you change?

I've tried quite a few combinations of settings and nothing seems to work. I can use the turn signals just fine without running lights on, but as soon as I turn on running lights or headlights, the turn signals hyperflash and I get "bulb out" EVIC errors.

I've tried two different ELM327 Bluetooth units, and, at Alexey's suggestion, an OBD Link SX USB interface.

Also for some reason, LED license plate lamps cause a DTC to be logged, even with "LED license plate lamps" set to "enable". But it doesn't show in the EVIC so it's not a big deal.

Thanks!

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks bob.
I guess i need to see if i have power at camera. I purchased the mopar splitter for tailgate latch. The factory harness seams to have the correct wires tk match up with camera splitter. So i think my next step is to use voltmeter and see if i have power for camera.
Then i can trace those wires back tk radio with tone generator. I m afraid the factory harness at tailgate does not connect to radio. Since tailgate appears right and my truck had camera as an option With the 8.4 radio, i was hoping wires where already there.
I can return oem camera and order oem camera kit and pull wire, but was hoping not to.

Can someone provide alfaobd step by step? I might be missing something.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks bob.
I guess i need to see if i have power at camera. I purchased the mopar splitter for tailgate latch. The factory harness seams to have the correct wires tk match up with camera splitter. So i think my next step is to use voltmeter and see if i have power for camera.
Then i can trace those wires back tk radio with tone generator. I m afraid the factory harness at tailgate does not connect to radio. Since tailgate appears right and my truck had camera as an option With the 8.4 radio, i was hoping wires where already there.
I can return oem camera and order oem camera kit and pull wire, but was hoping not to.

Can someone provide alfaobd step by step? I might be missing something.
What year/model is your truck (2500) ?
It's not common to have all the wiring and just need the pieces in the tailgate. If your are getting a blue screen in reverse, it's definitely not a programming issue.

See...
** Installing OEM backup cam .. Post 10 as well as the OP **

Post any camera wiring questions in that thread so you don't clutter up this one. There are several people that monitor it.

And this may also help
My 2013+ Shared Schematics and other OEM Info.

M² Mods.

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2013 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4
Thanks. I will review all you provided

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When looking through body computer the only thing i cannot find is
Trailer hitch camera.
Where is it?

Screenshot_20191118-111123_Chrome.jpg

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
They said they only have 15 minutes to retrieve the code once they get the code from FCA in am email and the code was only good for 3 hours. We will find out tomorrow once I get the unlock cable. I will report back. Thanks

I have to call BS on this also, i was watchign the guy at the desk computer.... he took my vin typed it in, searched around, then BAMM wrote it down. He did ask when I was going to install this, because the code is good for 24hours. Or atleast the older radios were. Thats BS, how many radios online do you see " with security code" advertised... how are they going to get you the radio and code and get you to install it in less than 24 hours... How does a radio when first plugged in, know if its the correct sequence of a rotating code? they dont. its no different than a bios password on your computer. Dealers dont know everything.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have to call BS on this also, i was watchign the guy at the desk computer.... he took my vin typed it in, searched around, then BAMM wrote it down. He did ask when I was going to install this, because the code is good for 24hours. Or atleast the older radios were. Thats BS, how many radios online do you see " with security code" advertised... how are they going to get you the radio and code and get you to install it in less than 24 hours... How does a radio when first plugged in, know if its the correct sequence of a rotating code? they dont. its no different than a bios password on your computer. Dealers dont know everything.

There was probably some memo that someone at a dealer glanced through and then the game of telephone began. In a week or two we'll start hearing codes are only good for 15 seconds.

I think we've heard this story before, too...."rolling codes" only good for X amount of time. If they can predict the next sequence in a rolling code, they should walk to the nearest convenience store and buy a few lotto tickets.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When looking through body computer the only thing i cannot find is
Trailer hitch camera.
Where is it?

View attachment 186503
What year is your truck? The Trailer Hitch camera wasn't an option until 2016. If you have 13 to 15 it will not be in your BCM to enable. If your truck is a 2016 or newer the option should be present.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
So would i need new mirror?
Both cameras show up in uconnect with blue screen i enable them, but something is not connected.
I pulled radio and do not see any rca plugs.

What year/model is your truck (2500) ?
It's not common to have all the wiring and just need the pieces in the tailgate. If your are getting a blue screen in reverse, it's definitely not a programming issue.

See...
** Installing OEM backup cam .. Post 10 as well as the OP **

Post any camera wiring questions in that thread so you don't clutter up this one. There are several people that monitor it.

And this may also help
My 2013+ Shared Schematics and other OEM Info.

M² Mods.
I have 2013 ram 1500 quad cab 4x4
Thanks. I will review all you provided
What year is your truck? The Trailer Hitch camera wasn't an option until 2016. If you have 13 to 15 it will not be in your BCM to enable. If your truck is a 2016 or newer the option should be present.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I had a 2013 1500 SLT previously and the wiring was missing from the tailgate all the way to the radio... Yours is likely missing also.
If you are not 100% sure, you need to check for all 8 wires at the i550 tailgate connector going to 5 wires at the c322 connector (chassis harness), 3 wires at the i315 connector to the 3 wires at the radio C1 connector (cab harness). If you don't know what I'm referring to you will need to refer to post 10 in the bu camera thread that I linked previously for pictures and exact pin numbers to check. It also has a summary schematic for the bu cam. If you're just missing one or both of the main sections I may be able to get you what you need.
13-17 OEM Backup Cam Install i315 mpg2 9-4-17.pdf.

As Ricks Ram mentioned, the 2013-14 BCM doesn't have all the same options as newer trucks (but Cam can be enabled with the ones it has).

M² Mods.

Last edited:

1zero3forlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just am update, you all were right! I have keyless entry now and I am waiting on the hub to reset for 30 minutes to try the remote start. So damn excited this worked.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Just am update, you all were right! I have keyless entry now and I am waiting on the hub to reset for 30 minutes to try the remote start. So damn excited this worked.

If the remote start doesn’t work first try take it for a short drive and turn the truck on once or twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1zero3forlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the remote start doesn’t work first try take it for a short drive and turn the truck on once or twice.

Thanks, just had it not work, I will take it for a drive here in a bit then. I went through all the settings again just to make sure and all is correct. Thank you for the tip.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks, just had it not work, I will take it for a drive here in a bit then. I went through all the settings again just to make sure and all is correct. Thank you for the tip.

When I installed the factory remote start I spent hours trouble shooting, triple checking everything reprogramming everything and the truck would lock the doors and sound the horn and that's it. Disconnected the battery and same thing. Took a drive to the store and decided to try it once more and it worked.

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is perfect. I have the correct y harness installed and the correct camera. Tomorrow i will check the rest of the guide and see what i need to get.
Thank you so much.

I had a 2013 1500 SLT previously and the wiring was missing from the tailgate all the way to the radio... Yours is likely missing also.
If you are not 100% sure, you need to check for all 8 wires at the i550 tailgate connector going to 5 wires at the c322 connector (chassis harness), 3 wires at the i315 connector to the 3 wires at the radio C1 connector (cab harness). If you don't know what I'm referring to you will need to refer to post 10 in the bu camera thread that I linked previously for pictures and exact pin numbers to check. It also has a summary schematic for the bu cam. If you're just missing one or both of the main sections I may be able to get you what you need.
13-17 OEM Backup Cam Install i315 mpg2 9-4-17.pdf.

As Ricks Ram mentioned, the 2013-14 BCM doesn't have all the same options as newer trucks (but Cam can be enabled with the ones it has).

M² Mods.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

Congrats.....so I imagine you got your 4 digit PIN? Curious...how did that go down at the dealership when you went back? Did you instruct them that they were clueless?

1zero3forlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats.....so I imagine you got your 4 digit PIN? Curious...how did that go down at the dealership when you went back? Did you instruct them that they were clueless?
I had the 4 digit yesterday, that is when they said it was rolling.