AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

tex68w

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Click the button on the bottom left of the pop-up...

I did that, request to read PIN and then I got this, no way to click on either command. I am still not able to proceed with the tire change not causing the christmas tree effect. Any other suggestions?

JWGQPC1.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did that, request to read PIN and then I got this, no way to click on either command. I am still not able to proceed with the tire change not causing the christmas tree effect. Any other suggestions?

JWGQPC1.jpg
If this is for the 2021 HD Ram in your profile, the PIN can’t be read on a 2019+ HD Ram, and is useless to you anyway. There is no need to reset the RF Hub on a 2019+ like you have to on a 2013-2018. Just change the tire pressure thresholds, and the rf hub will automatically recognize them.
For the ECU verification failed pop up you get, just ignore it and click continue, and carry on like normal. You need to perform the steps outlined for abs initialization routine. In the linked post, the instructions for you will be similar for the tire size change- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-480#post-1941620

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Did you get the truck new or used? If used, it's possible that the mirrors were swapped and not hooked up correctly or it's possible that the bulbs are out. All 4 being out would be odd, but possible. A lesser possibility would be bad door modules, but again, both being bad would be odd. Alpha has the ability to monitor whether or not the various lights are currently powered on. I would start with that and make sure the BCM is ordering them on when it should be. If it is, then it's time to break out the multimeter and start checking the wiring. I'd offer to help if you were close, but the 2900 mile distance kind of puts a damper on that (not to mention the current plague) :)

-K

So I did just notice that I have BCM code B2861-15 and B1751-15 which is a short or open to the approach light control and courtesy light control respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So I did just notice that I have BCM code B2861-15 and B1751-15 which is a short or open to the approach light control and courtesy light control respectively.

Maybe it is the bulbs then! Definitely time to break out the meter.

-K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have been trying to get the chmsl camera to display lines for 5th wheel hitch. I have the soft key check box showing in. Camera settings but when selected it unchecks after a few seconds. The light is factory led with cam on 2018 ram 2500 big horn. I figure something in the settings is missing resulting in the box unchecking itself. Pulled the body computer info file and chmsl camera isnt set and I set it over a week ago. Everything works fine on the radio. Any thoughts?

tex68w

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
If this is for the 2021 HD Ram in your profile, the PIN can’t be read on a 2019+ HD Ram, and is useless to you anyway. There is no need to reset the RF Hub on a 2019+ like you have to on a 2013-2018. Just change the tire pressure thresholds, and the rf hub will automatically recognize them.
For the ECU verification failed pop up you get, just ignore it and click continue, and carry on like normal. You need to perform the steps outlined for abs initialization routine. In the linked post, the instructions for you will be similar for the tire size change- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-480#post-1941620

Many thanks for the link, that is what I needed all along. All is well now, the tire size has been corrected and the speedo matches both GPS readouts, I couldn't be happier.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well just tried the PIN read and it worked. Shoot, could have saved me $15 about 6 months ago. Yeah I'm a cheap old ******* haha

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just had an odd and somewhat disturbing incident trying to use the new PIN read function and I'm curious if anyone else has seen this.

Notes:
-I've used Alpha to do many things on my truck, many times
-Alpha is the latest Android version running on a Samsung Tablet
-Scanner is an OBDLink MX Bluetooth
-Truck is a '14 1500 CC Express, RF Hub is original, key in use was one of the original OEM FOBIKs.

I already have my PIN from the dealer and have used it before, but I decided to check out the new function just so I could be aware of how it worked and to see if it gave the expected number.

Went in, connected, selected the usual options and went into the RF hub, went to Read Pin. Truck was in "Run" with the engine OFF, as usual for doing anything with Alpha.

I hit Start and the entire truck died. Dash shut down, radio shut down, everything. (I am not certain if the dome lights went out, it was full sunlight and I forgot to look). Alpha popped up an error saying something along the lines of "Unable to read to/from ECU". Cycleing the key had no effect, truck would not turn on much less start. I had to turn the key off, shut the door and wait 5 minutes before it came back to life. (Next step would have been to disconnect/reconnect the battery). It seems fine now, it runs, remote buttons work, no stored codes , etc.

I have NOT tried again and do not intend to do so until I can report this to Alexy.

-K

Last edited:

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Maybe it is the bulbs then! Definitely time to break out the meter.

-K

It is definitely the bulbs. I’m getting full voltage to the terminals. Have new ones arriving Thursday.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I just had an odd and somewhat disturbing incident trying to use the new PIN read function and I'm curious if anyone else has seen this.

Notes:
-I've used Alpha to do many things on my truck, many times
-Alpha is the latest Android version running on a Samsung Tablet
-Scanner is an OBDLink MX Bluetooth
-Truck is a '14 1500 CC Express, RF Hub is original, key in use was one of the original OEM FOBIKs.

I already have my PIN from the dealer and have used it before, but I decided to check out the new function just so I could be aware of how it worked and to see if it gave the expected number.

Went in, connected, selected the usual options and went into the RF hub, went to Read Pin. Truck was in "Run" with the engine OFF, as usual for doing anything with Alpha.

I hit Start and the entire truck died. Dash shut down, radio shut down, everything. (I am not certain if the dome lights went out, it was full sunlight and I forgot to look). Alpha popped up an error saying something along the lines of "Unable to read to/from ECU". Cycleing the key had no effect, truck would not turn on much less start. I had to turn the key off, shut the door and wait 5 minutes before it came back to life. (Next step would have been to disconnect/reconnect the battery). It seems fine now, it runs, remote buttons work, no stored codes , etc.

I have NOT tried again and do not intend to do so until I can report this to Alexy.

-K

Alexey got back to me but unfortunately the Read PIN attempt did not make it into the debug log I sent him and he's not certain what happened. He did mention that he's not sure what position the key should be in for a PIN read on a RAM.

What key position have those who have successfully used the function had the key in? @WY-Dave you just did yours, yes?

-K

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Alexey got back to me but unfortunately the Read PIN attempt did not make it into the debug log I sent him and he's not certain what happened. He did mention that he's not sure what position the key should be in for a PIN read on a RAM.

What key position have those who have successfully used the function had the key in? @WY-Dave you just did yours, yes?

-K

Mine was in RUN when I pulled it.

WARam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sharing my experience with setting up a new set of Miramoto XB LED headlamps with AlphaOBD --2013 Ram Outdoorsman 5.7 Hemi, 4x4 factory quad headlamps- added the Miramoto XB LED (for the quad harness); and was having low/high intermittent headlamp out messages when I switched from low to high beam and back. The conventional advice for alphaobd I was able to locate online did not resolve the problem (although admittedly I did not read through all 1359 pages here).

Tweaking the settings --here is what I landed on that stopped the headlamp errors
--quad headlamps enabled;
--bi-xenon headlamps enabled;
--High Intensity Discharge Lamps enabled;
--LED low and high beams present no;
--LED front park/marker lamps present yes (otherwise the led turn signal will not completely blink or flash in sequence).

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
That's the only difference I've seen anyone mention, I had the driver's door open.

-K

I just thought of it when I typed. With they HAL cars nowdays, anything seems to oiss them off

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Is Alfaobd supporting 2021 ram DT yet? I was able to make a few changes but it doesn’t recognize a CEL I got that I’m assuming is for my active grille shutter mod.