alignment ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a 2017 Laramie CC with 5.7 and 28k on the truck(4wd). When I bought the truck 2 years ago it had 17k on it---I didn't take it on too long of a test drive but on the way home it was pulling to the right---I rotated and changed the tires in all different directions--no change. Took the my local FCA dealer for alignment--they changed it a little and said it was in specs--showed me a printout, etc. still pulled but not as bad---now it pulls to the left sometimes and sometimes it pulls to the right--have tried rotating tires again but no luck--will probably need tires next spring so I thought I would wait until then--and have alignment redone by someone who will fix it by the way it drives and not just by factory specs--but I am puzzled as to why it is doing this--I am not to up on the electronic steering so i need a little guidance---got a new scan tool and was fooling wit it and I pulled a U0126---was wondering if dead battery would cause it--I had to replace the battery about a month ago--Thanks

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Steering that consistently pulls to one side despite having good toe is often from one side having different caster than the other, or if it feels "darty" (wanting to pull to either direction and not naturally center) can be the result of insufficient caster angle on both sides or major positive camber (top of the tires out further than the bottom of the tires... but that would be visually obvious if it was bad enough) .

Does the vehicle have a lift or level on it? Can you show us a photo of the printout from the dealer?

OP
OP
reborn55

reborn55

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You are one of the first person in years that actually agrees that caster is a steering or pulling angle--seems everyone tells me camber is directional---when I took front end classes it was taught camber helps curtail tire wear and caster helps directional and steering feel..Even Moog school taught me that. back to my truck--there is no darty feeling--steering is tight--wheel is centered--in fact there are times I can turn loose of the wheel and truck goes straight down teh road--but other times it may drift right and other time left...I have installed 2 inch drop spring in the rear leveling the truck

scan0005.jpg