Almost finished

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK so after 6 months of working the truck is almost finished. I've taken a 2008 1500 4x4 Laramie and totally changed it.

To date this is what I have done......

Performance wise, I've installed an AirAid CAI and Superchip flashpaq with 91 octane tune and Magna Flow exhaust.

Up front, I've installed the SRT-10 hood, changed the chrome grill to a sport grill with Grill-Craft inserts. I've removed all factory badging and added 2 custom Mopar badges like on the anniversary charger. Night runner headlights were put in and Night Vision HID's were installed in the hi/low headlamps and fogs. The chrome bumper insert was painted using a chrome bumper paint kit (forgot the maker) and painted to match the factory color (PXR). I then addd the Rumble Bee lower air dam to finish up the front look.

For the sides, I replaced the Factory 20'' wheels with OEM SRT-10 22x10. The inside on the rims were then plasti dipped to help hide brake dust and make the chrome pop just that much more. For the brakes I replaced the rotors and pads with EBC drilled and slotted rotors and Green stuff pads. (and what a difference this has made for braking) Then I finished off the caliper with 3 coats of Blue G2 caliper paint to accent the blue in the Mopar badging. The chrome side door molding was removed and replaced with a painted one. The chrome step up bar was also painted using Plasti dip, altho i think they will come off tomorrow when I have it lowered. The truck came with a chrome OEM gas door and that too was replaced with an OEM painted one. I also pulled off the factory antenna and replaced it with a stubby short antenna. FYI...the reception sucks now with it on but I have XM radio and could really care less, it was just more for looks.

For the rear, I've replaced the third brake light with a blacked out LED one. The taillights were replaced with smoked LED's but weren't dark enough so I gave them 3 coats of VHT and then laid down 4 coats of clear then polished out like glass (they still work good cause the LED's are bright as hell). The rear ram badge was replaced with a custom badge to match the front grill badge too. I then installed the BAK Flip G2 bed cover (took about 15 minutes), man it looks great and is super functional. The factory chrome bumper and towing hitch was then pulled off and Street Scene hide-a-hitch, roll pan and flip up tag holder was installed and painted to match. The roll pan needed a little grinding on to make for a perfect match but it looks great now. The only down side is that once the hide-a-hitch was installed it it pushed my spare tire into the exhaust pipes that come down and out the back. So I'm gonna head to the tire shop and get a radial that is not so tall cause I'm not changing my exhaust at this point. But while I was down there I cut off the chrome tips off of my magna flow and painted and installed some turndowns (after the axle) and painted the black with some flat black header paint to blend in that much more.

The truck will be finished off with a lowering kit tomorrow. I have Kore high angle cv joints going in to alleviate any damage to my drive shaft in the future up front since it is a 4x4. But the drop will be down 2" up front with ground force coils and down 5" in rear with 3'' lowering leaf springs and 2'' shackles. Along with Monroe struts and shocks for a better ride that are adjusted for the drop. I may add in 2'' lowering spindles up front if i want in the future but for tomorrow that is all. I am in the market for JVC's new KW-AV70BT touch screen NAV unit and back up camera, since a 16 year old girl nearly took off my rear yesterday, but they are on back order and will have to wait.

I will post pictures and a video link to youtube after the drop goes in for you guys to look at. I have done a lot of work to the truck and hope I can help answer a lot of questions as I have done most the work myself and purchased the parts. All in all it was about a $8000 upgrade and well worth it since I bought it with 3k miles on it at $22k (original sales sticker in glovebox - $46,570)

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
quite the list can't wait for some photos

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
pics of ban!

OP
OP
moodygunner

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha you guys are funny, I will post pics tomorrow. I just got it back from the suspension shop today and she needs a bath. The drop went well I took it 2/3 but have the parts to go 4/6 if I find no problems this week driving it. Look for the pictures to be in here tomorrow (Saturday).