AlphaRex "Luxx" Series... anyone have them? Looking for reviews.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I’m leaning more toward the 5th gen style but not sure how the single projector with out light out. I’ve got the factory projectors with leds now and the highs are additional to the projector flipping. Man I don’t know

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Following like a hawk. I'm with you Mopar1987. I bought a set of original alphas (4th gen) with plans for a grand retrofit and really pooped the sheets with the first one. The only thing I absolutely hated about them was the diffuser so I had the idea to replace with alear acrylic rectangle/ prism stock... yeah.. not so much. Lol. These look nice and I do like the idea of a ready to go plug and play set... though I still have all the innards from my retrofit plan. LED's switch backs, etc. I stilll like the idea of fitting my own LED's as I would like to be able to replace them if they blow and not need to spend another $800 for the privilege. Although my stock low beams suck @$$ big time, the highs are good and I dont want to give up a second bulb if im gonna be back to wishing I could see the long road ahead.

Gotta admit, i'm a sucka for a cool start up sequence. Lol. Know thyself!

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
@OnSale so how do the ones you’re getting function? I’m not a big fan of the sequential turn signal. So top bar is drl/running light and bottom is drl/running/turn signal with either solid or switchback?

What do you mean how do they function? The projectors are led projectors, and each headlight has 1 low beam and 1 high beam projector.

I’m leaning more toward the 5th gen style but not sure how the single projector with out light out. I’ve got the factory projectors with leds now and the highs are additional to the projector flipping. Man I don’t know

I’ve never been a fan of the whole “1 projector/bulb for both the low and high beam” setup. Not enough light output. Plus those 5th Gen style look super weird and they sort of have that whole eBay / early 2000’s ricer look going for them lol.

Following like a hawk. I'm with you Mopar1987. I bought a set of original alphas (4th gen) with plans for a grand retrofit and really pooped the sheets with the first one. The only thing I absolutely hated about them was the diffuser so I had the idea to replace with alear acrylic rectangle/ prism stock... yeah.. not so much. Lol. These look nice and I do like the idea of a ready to go plug and play set... though I still have all the innards from my retrofit plan. LED's switch backs, etc. I stilll like the idea of fitting my own LED's as I would like to be able to replace them if they blow and not need to spend another $800 for the privilege. Although my stock low beams suck @$$ big time, the highs are good and I dont want to give up a second bulb if im gonna be back to wishing I could see the long road ahead.

Gotta admit, i'm a sucka for a cool start up sequence. Lol. Know thyself!

My current set of headlights is a full out retrofit set of the original AlphaRex lights they first released 12-16 months ago. I was really first one on the internet to retrofit a D2S projector into them, I actually retrofitted 2 D2S projectors into each headlight with both running for low beams and all the shields dropping for high. All 4 projectors have Profile prism RGB Demon Eyes and the upper and lower DRL’s also have profile RGB strips aswell as Profile sequential switchbacks. Custom paint, custom tinted reflectors. They are still on my truck right now and will be replaced by these Luxx version.

c5a21a7e5b952fd9213f331d56e5a3b9.jpg
74c237b040dc5aea5a987fa3c9850d2b.jpg
8293d73b1cbd8ee0e1c07ba34f3dc051.jpg
12e7f4329982876aa01b165ce38dabf6.jpg
3849b7d5d1c731c6050b1309a168259e.jpg
eebb06e4964c68077e269d258713014e.jpg

^^^^ this set will be for sale in 7-10 days. Over $1,800 in parts alone, 20+ hours into the build with the R&D into fabricating custom brackets to properly mount the D2S projectors into the low and high spots as the AlphaRex internals are extremely weird and unique and not easy to retrofit projectors too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14Deebo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@FLYxxBOY is the projector shroud black chrome, chrome, or just a flat black? I can't really tell from AlphaRex's webpage or any pictures I have looked at.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We offer AlphaRex, so if anyone is interested in a quote please feel free to message me.