Android auto disconnecting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lee R

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
when I try to connect to the console USB's to use Android auto it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting continuously. When an Iphone is plugged in it doesn't have that problem. is there something wrong with the usb ports or my phone? it did it with my older Galaxy and also with my new one.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Your cable is bad or the USB port on your phone is bad.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Try another cable? I know there's a way to reboot the Uconnect system, it's on this site somewhere... That could also be another option.

Make sure your OS and Apps are all up to date on your phone as well. If you have a phone case, it may be interfering with the connector, having it just barely connecting on and off. Things like that to check as well.

LAMartin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if you ever solved your problem but I had the same issue after purchasing a new Android phone. It seems that the newer phones with more processing speed and larger screens need more power than one USB port in the arm rest can provide. I purchased a cable off of Amazon that has 2 USB A connectors on one end and 1 USB C on the phone end. So far this has solved all my issues. Except the issue that the first time i place a call i have no audio. If I hang up and redial it works and works every time after that.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The OP was having a problem with the data transfer and most likely it was an inferior or bad cable. I have the Pixel 7 Pro and have never found my data port lacking the power to allow me to both charge the phone and use Android Auto simultaneously. You might want to upgrade to a good cable with 3.2 transfer capabilities from a trusted source. That should also solve the power situation. Good luck.