Annoying chime sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dorkfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Laramie Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 270k+
so just recently my truck has started to sound the chime at random times while either stopped or driving.
this chime is like the seat belt key in the ignition chime.
I have checked all my lights, my seat belt is fastened, Ive done the seatbelt chime delete, and I still get this noise. Today while sitting in park at the car wash it went off about a dozen times at random intervals, I have no warning lights or indicators.

has anyone ever came across this and found a solution, all i find out there is the seatbelt chime delete

on a side note and dont know if its related, but i have noticed that when i use my remote to lock the doors sometimes the lights and horn flash and sound, and sometimes they dont

OP
OP
dorkfish

dorkfish

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 Laramie Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 270k+
nobody have any ideas what the cause might be ?

Frank Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Betting the wiring under either of the front seats is loose. As for the horn and lights, my do that on the second push only.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought my 03, the previous owner told me that he had been chasing a chime for months and could not find it. It turned out to be the circuit board in the taillights having an intermittent connection over bumps or stopping and going. It would chime the ‘lamp out’ chime, but never illuminated the lamp out light because it would connect back as quickly as it disconnected.

Its about $12 per board, one in each taillight. Just as easy as changing a bulb. Very common failure, or so I’ve heard.

Hope that is your issue as well. Good luck.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine chimes when I slow down enough to make the front park sensors work again all winter when they get snow covered or there's enough rain or they're dirty or they just want to annoy me.

Revery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 5.9
I have the same thing normally sounds twice and is louder than the normal seat belt or door or key chimes. Hey Puff the magic dragon, is the taillight circuit board sound louder than others? No lights come on and is very random.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I wonder if it has set off a fault code that a scan tool can pick up

ric221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine