Whistling sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nmwebb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Purchased 2024 Ram 1500 Limited on Jan 30. February 1 went out to go to work dead battery. Feb 3 driving on highway and you hear a distinct whistling sound at speed above 55 mph. Take it to shop on Feb 5. Technician can’t fix it. Open a star case and they say try this this and this. Dealership says we have already done all that. Open a case with Ram customer rentention on Feb 21. Past few weeks customer rentention no help. Case manager keeps thanking me for my patience and says it will be just a couple more days. I have ask them to purchase it back. It has been in the shop for 34 days. Went to get stuff out of truck and dash is out and console is sitting in bed of truck. I didn’t pay top dollar for Ram to fix me a truck. Sad thing is I’m a repeat ram customer. Dealership and customer retention have been no help. Service department and Star engineers can’t fix it and I’m paying for them to tear part a brand new truck. You better pick the right one off the lot and test drive on the highway or it will become your worst nightmare! Ideas on next step? Lawyer time I guess.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
They would be buying that Ram & replacing it, even if it is on another dealerships lot.
Hopefully it was not a Special Factory Order for you.

That is something a lawyer might do.

Is it a whistling sound like air being sucked into the intake through a leaking gasket, or is the sound more like a pinhole in something like a Pipe Rack & only happens when the air rushes through that pin hole at very specific speeds.
The kind of sound that you would hear on a Plumbers Truck or a Semi Trucks Mirrors ?

Last edited:

Timsdually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
A lot of those air leak sounds come from air exiting the vehicle rather than air entering the vehicle. I read about a test they do for air leaks by using a bulb to blow small amounts of talcum powder around the door gaskets and when you open the door you would see some of the talc past the gasket.
Also, I had this, I had a ladder on my ladder rack on a truck once and the ladder caused the noise, just like GTYankee said above.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank