Any drone with K&N intake on the 3.6L?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SimmZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Hi folks, this is my first "mod" post with my new 2019 RAM 1500 Classic!

I already did my homework and watched a few video review on YouTube of the K&N air intake system for the RAM 3.6L but I haven't found any video of real life highway cruising with the truck at low RPM. Is there any annoying (excessive) drone coming from the intake? At high RPM it definitely have a lovely sound, but since I am mostly cruising with the truck on highway with the family and I don't want annoying droning sound.

My goal is not for the performance upgrade and I am considering this mod only for the nice sound and I would also expect a small MPG improvement by the way. I think the MPG improvement is possible, since I simply put a K&N drop-in filter in my previous Dodge Grand Caravan (with the 3.6L) and immediately see a small MPG improvement. Probably that a 50$ K&N drop in filter in the RAM would be enough for the small MPG improvement, but I would not get the amazing sound at the same time! ;)

Thank you!

wgreggking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4x4 offroad
Engine
I never heard much extra noise from drop in's or systems, on any of my vehicles, at low RPM's.When getting on the throttle sometimes you can hear more of a rushing sound, IMO is a good thing. Generally drone comes out the exhaust system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank