Anybody have experience with an Edge Evolution CTS3 in a gen 4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Believer45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6/7 Cummins
I had an Edge Evolution CTS when they first came out installed on my 95 F250 PowerStroke and was impressed. I did not see a lot of gain in MPG or power but it was not advertised to do either back then.

Has anyone had experience with a new Evolution CTS3 on a 4th generation Cummins 6.7? I have been searching online for quite a while and cannot find any real information. I am trying to diagnose an intermittent white smoke issue with my 2011 Ram SLT 6.7 and I think the monitoring would help with that. I would like to know if it is able to initiate a regen cycle (mobile or stationary), if it shows when the engine is actually doing a regen, if there was any gain in MPG to justify the extra cost of the Evolution programmer instead of the Insight CTS3 monitor. Per Edge website the Evolution programmer is 50 state legal as it does not disable any emissions equipment and actually will not support a deleted truck.

Thanks in advance ----- Dave / Believer45

chaosh1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just got the CTS3 nonprogrammer version as the programmer version isn't allowed in this ******** of a state (California)

2018 Ram 2500 mega cab 4x4 6.7

No, it doesn't allow you to start a regen cycle (ram limits not the edge CTS3)

Yes, it does show you if a regen is happening both from a "REGEN ON" and by following the EGT's. they pretty quickly reach 1k degrees.

the unit allows you to setup 3 different pages with whatever monitors are available to that vehicle. these can be changed on the fly mobile or not.

Fuel35 67

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
A CTS2 will do a regen on my 11’.