Anyone have the BDS 2” lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
This has been out for a while but there are zero reviews that I’ve found on YouTube or online. It’s fairly inexpensive compared to Carli, and as long as it isn’t a downgrade, ride wise and performance wise, worse than stock I’d be happy with it. I’m happy with the stock performance so I don’t really need what Carli claims. I feel like both kits should perform similarly since both have fox 2.0, unless the valving is a lot different. So the difference probably comes down to spring rates, and the radius arm drops that Carli has.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I’d just do Thuren’s 1.5 level and call it a day. Probably won’t notice the .5 inch difference anyways plus it’ll make it just high enough where it won’t fit in a seven foot door. Long story short I do not have it but I’ve had bds stuff before and their kits are pretty solid.

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
From a few examples I’ve seen, the Thuren springs (rear specifically) are softer than stock or Carli (well suited for comfort on off-road situations), and they squat badly when towing. For that reason, and the nose high appearance (imo) I don’t want to go with Thuren.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From a few examples I’ve seen, the Thuren springs (rear specifically) are softer than stock or Carli (well suited for comfort on off-road situations), and they squat badly when towing. For that reason, and the nose high appearance (imo) I don’t want to go with Thuren.
The Thuren front springs are advertised to be slightly stiffer than stock PW. Yes, the Thuren rear springs are even softer but you don't have to change the rear springs. The Thuren "kit" doesn't even include springs, and neither does the BDS system. I have the Thuren 1.5" front coils and just added a 1" spacer on the rear.

To answer the original post this is the first time I have heard about the 2" BDS kit for a PW. Not saying it's good or bad, or how it compares to the other kits because I don't know. But the price tag isn't any cheaper than a Thuren setup. Thuren advertises their front kit (front springs, Fox shocks, trackbar) for $1,150. Add a pair of rear Fox shocks for $390, rear coils spacers for $100, and a few misc. items and it will probably be cheaper than the almost $1,900 BDS kit. I don't believe you really need any swaybar links with a 1.5" front level and if you keep the stock rear coils.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'll second that. Just keep your rear springs.

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Same here. Highly recommend. I have the same setup as 62blazer mentioned on my power wagon. Thuren 1.5 level kit with fox 2.0 shocks, thuren trackbar and a thuren king steering stabilizer. Next I'm going to do the rear trackbar from thuren but I did put a 1" puck above my rear oem springs with regular fox 2.0 shocks just to compensate for the squat when I load up my bed. I'm going to add rear airbags with cradles at some point. Have heard good things about BDS but no idea how it is on the power wagons.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Same here. Highly recommend. I have the same setup as 62blazer mentioned on my power wagon. Thuren 1.5 level kit with fox 2.0 shocks, thuren trackbar and a thuren king steering stabilizer. Next I'm going to do the rear trackbar from thuren but I did put a 1" puck above my rear oem springs with regular fox 2.0 shocks just to compensate for the squat when I load up my bed. I'm going to add rear airbags with cradles at some point. Have heard good things about BDS but no idea how it is on the power wagons.
How much of a difference did the stabilizer make?

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I feel it makes a difference with the way the truck responds to dips and uneven pavement on the road. Before it feel like it would pull me into every uneven section but now I dont feel it so much. I could definitely tell a difference after installing it and the steering just feels better with it.