Anyone put Gibson headers on a 2003 4.7 Ram?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OD Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Have any headaches doing it? Did it require any extra tubing, etc or did it just bolt on to where the old OEM pipes did? I can't really seem to find these answers anywhere so someone who has had experience dealing with it would be awesome!

grpht03ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking for the same info. I've been searching all about headers on the forum.

The Gibson headers definitely just bolt up. Their site has install instructions.

Information Page

It doesnt seem like there are many options for the 4.7 02-03? Only short tube?

Bigboytoys

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QC 5spd
Engine
4.7L
I put just put shorties on my 04 4.7L last month....easy install...bolts up just fine, and your stock exhaust bolts up to the headers with no problems. Nothing extra needed....Little trick....remove the front inner fender linings. will make life a lot easier to access the bolts. If you have questions, ask.
Also consider shortening your exhaust to before the wheel after installing the headers. Made a massive improvement in performance (at least for me)

eljefe7070ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Have any headaches doing it? Did it require any extra tubing, etc or did it just bolt on to where the old OEM pipes did? I can't really seem to find these answers anywhere so someone who has had experience dealing with it would be awesome!

I put gibson headers (shorty) on my 05 4.7L. I was dissapointed when one of them cracked on me. I ended up putting the stock pipes back on the truck. Tried to reweld but it kept cracking apart on me. Was a bolt on part, undo the fender liner and remove the wheel. Easy access to the block.

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Does anybody have any pictures of these installed? Particularly the passenger side, im trying to see if theyll clear my raised upper control arms ( im lowered )

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: