Anyone running the K&N intake on the 6.4 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I can't figure out from any of the pictures how it's getting fresh/outside air.
Yeah that motor takes up so much room it doesn't seem to be a good spot for the CAI. My old Dakota I was able to extend & move the filter to an area right behind the passenger side headlight. With the gaps around the headlight & also drilled some extra holes & was able to bring in more fresh air. Have to see have I will configure this once I get my truck. First mod will be step bars for the ma ma to get in. :naughty:

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Link of someone with it installed on his power wagon. Definitely looks good installed.

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
mine comes tomorrow. will post my thoughts when i have time to install. 2 friends - one with a magnum, and one with a durango both said 2 mpg increase alone with no other mods to their vehicles. i didnt buy this truck for mpg, but thats a nice bonus, along with a little torque and the " noise. " cheers!:)

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Please do I have a coupon to order it for $244! Expires in a couple days! Grab a beer and call in sick at work to install that sucker. Then test it after you're sober of course! Lol

TheOPWK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've had mine on since early December. Easy install. Don't know about additional power but looks cool. Butt dyno says more power, but little if any. Makes some noise when hammering on the loud pedal, but I also have a Spintech Muffler without a resonator, so that's obviously not an issue with me.
Just did a 3k mile trip from Spokane to AZ and back with no complaints. On the way back I pulled an 18 foot trailer with a Fridge Truck loaded on it, and had no issues.
i4sVM5N.jpg
MXnezrg.jpg

RyQU9Rq.jpg

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Did you notice any mpg increase? You truck looks sharp!

TheOPWK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you notice any mpg increase? You truck looks sharp!

I honestly don't pay attention to the MPG, as my company gives me a gas card. :) EVIC showed 9.5 on the way back, at 75mph with a trailer for 1500 miles, I'm good with that. But i'm sure 10 guys can chime in to say that the EVIC is BS.
Thanks for the kind words on the truck.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
mine comes tomorrow. will post my thoughts when i have time to install. 2 friends - one with a magnum, and one with a durango both said 2 mpg increase alone with no other mods to their vehicles. i didnt buy this truck for mpg, but thats a nice bonus, along with a little torque and the " noise. " cheers!:)
Your friends didn't gain 2 mpg's. From intake, headers, exhaust, and tuner sure, but not from just an intake swap.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
TheOPWK when installing this do u use factory box or a piece of? Thought I read some where that u do

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Your friends didn't gain 2 mpg's. From intake, headers, exhaust, and tuner sure, but not from just an intake swap.
what a small world! i cant believe you know my buddies - and their vehicles....

TheOPWK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
TheOPWK when installing this do u use factory box or a piece of? Thought I read some where that u do
The lower portion of the airbox, yeah. It stays bolted in the truck. You only replace the top portion with the heat shield, filter, and the tube.

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Lets keep it friendly! All I care about is this intake lol.

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Maybe y'all should donate for me to buy this so I can test it and tell y'all if it's worth it lol.... Still no sure...

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
With the way Ram has designed theirs going into the wheel well to grab cold air do any of you think the kit is worth the purchase? Would a drop in K&N be very close to the same performance? Ram's tube is flex plastic which might not be the smoothest air delivery & the cone filter might give more surface area to grab air? :think: $50 compared to $250 what do you all think?

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'd be interested in the K&N if I could dump the metal enclosure and shorten the intake tube. The fender inlet is a hydrolock waiting to happen and I want to use the air box location for a battery.

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
I have been considering getting just the drop in k&n, thoughts anyone?

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have been considering getting just the drop in k&n, thoughts anyone?

if you're going to do that just get the AEM dryflow filter. Which I believe is actually made by K&N anyway. At least then there's no chance of oil getting on a sensor.

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Anyone running the K&N intake on the 6.4 ?

if you're going to do that just get the AEM dryflow filter. Which I believe is actually made by K&N anyway. At least then there's no chance of oil getting on a sensor.

Replaced mine with an AEM at 30K miles(dirty!). Made zero difference in anything you can feel or hear. Not that I think it should have, but don't expect anything from a simple air filter swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk