Anyone with rear coil upgrade experience?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cableguy_hd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 2500 CTD
Engine
6.7 Cummings
Do you have any information on these new springs? I was going with the TTC-1223V until I found this thread and one other one talking about "new" springs from Tuf-Truck that offer the 50% but do not throw the truck's butt up in the air. I have written Tuf-Truck several times and I get nothing back.

I am not constantly loaded however and only tow a travel trailer maybe once a month so would the 1223V be the best option for me because of that?

if you want/need them now you could try the 25% increase coils and add the air bags. air bags made a world of difference with just the stock springs

looks like it about 80$ diff between the 25% coils and the variable coils. the ride with the 25% coils may be better when unloaded ( I'm guessing here ) and with the bags you'll get that extra umph when loaded. just an option I'm throwing here. UPS delayed my shipment til tomorrow so I'll wait another day.

my truck has a 2" front level with stock springs and air bags. I really dont know what my tongue weight is but i'm guessing around 700 lbs. not sure if that includes battery or 2 gas tanks but lets say it doesnt. bags at 30 psi I had 1" of sag in the rear....

Last edited:

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I've never wanted to mess with bags, prefer the solid springs for what I am wanting to accomplish.

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Any updates on the new springs?

dmullen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm just wanting to get rid of the sag when I tow my travel trailer. The ride is fine.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I got a great upgrade option....cut them out and put leaf springs on it.
So he can wobble like crazy down the road? With stiffer coils he will have significantly better load handling characteristics because the link suspension is more solid than just leafs..i have a direct comparison from work because all of our trucks are new chevy single cab 4x4 2500s..Im way more impressed with the springs in these new trucks. coils have better handling, which is always nice when youre at or past your weight limit lol. Hes not doing it for ride quality its for his own safety lol

Last edited:

jbmobbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
So he can wobble like crazy down the road? With stiffer coils he will have significantly better load handling characteristics because the link suspension is more solid than just leafs..i have a direct comparison from work and after the rack and aluminum lift gate, a standard tool box will make our 2014 chevys sag a little..so say 1500lbs MAX(being generous). I put a trailer with a 1200lb tounge weight on my truck and it doesnt sit at all. Im way more impressed with the springs in these new trucks. Point is coils have better handling, which is always nice when youre at or past your weight limit lol.
Mine don't wobble. Leaf springs are more supportive than coils.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Im sorry i had to edit that my original example did not add to my point in any way..

But leafs are only connected at 2 points to the frame and rest on the axle where coils are not by themselves..there is a whole link setup in the rear end that prevents body roll. Maybe the 3link suspension on a 1500 is not as good for load carrying as leafs but the 5link setup we 2500 owners have is.

Last edited:

smurfs_of_war

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The 1500 Ram has a 5 link rear suspension as well. I find it far superior at handling heavy weights compared to the leaf setup my F series had. Far more comfortable and in control.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mayorgonzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just installed the 1223v this week with a Mag-Hytec cover. What a difference. The truck rides empty so much smoother and I am sure the towing will be better. The diff cover was a little nerve wracking due to the super tight clearances. After a test fit and verifying that everything will clear, filled it with synthetic and went on my way. I am glad I did it instead of the dealer doing it for a quoted $740.00!

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
I had the TufTruck TTC-1223V heavy duty coil springs, Air Lift 1000 air bags, Air Lift Wireless One Controller and compressor system, and Bilstein 24-187350 rear shocks installed on my 2013 Ram 1500 last summer. We intended to use my truck to haul a travel trailer around for camping, but never went through with the camper purchase. So, I can't give you real world performance on towing with the new equipment installed. But, I can say the ride height stayed the same, and with the truck unloaded and the bags inflated to the minimum suggested 5 psi, the truck rides as nice (if not better) than before the modifications. I'll also add, that when I inflate the bags to 35 psi unloaded, it gives the truck a much bouncier feel when driving. Having the bags inflated to 5-10 psi seems to be the sweet spot for me when driving without a load in the bed or towing anything.

Of note, the TufTruck coil springs were WAY thicker, heavier, and stronger than the stock coil springs.

20140506_204610.jpg

2 rams and a chevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Those springs sit Same as stock height in back or does it rake it ? Right now im nunning bilstien 5100s up front set at 2.5" mark and got rid of those wrangler tires 35 12.5 20s now and it sits level got air ride 1000s I as well but they are only 4 months old and I just replaced one bottem blew apart without load on and other side has cracking in it will have to replace that one ow too. If springs work for level and no real sag only haul car trailer now and tben just wondering worth the money

Cardhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those springs sit Same as stock height in back or does it rake it ? Right now im nunning bilstien 5100s up front set at 2.5" mark and got rid of those wrangler tires 35 12.5 20s now and it sits level got air ride 1000s I as well but they are only 4 months old and I just replaced one bottem blew apart without load on and other side has cracking in it will have to replace that one ow too. If springs work for level and no real sag only haul car trailer now and tben just wondering worth the money

1223V are 0.5 -.75 inch lower than stock. most add a spacer when they add them.

1211 are ~.75 inch taller than stock.