ATI 15% Underdrive Pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
OK guys, pulleys arrived this morning, and tracking info has already been sent to those of you that have placed your orders. We only have 3 left, so grab 1 while you can. ATI said it will be about 2 weeks before our next stock order arrives.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Thanks again Justin.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Can/does my hemi fever need to be adjusted to run this pulley? Tax return on its way burning a hole in my pocket!!!

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
No need to adjust tuning for the underdrive pulley, but if you haven't received an updated tune from Sean in the past couple months, I would shoot him an email. He and I have been testing quite a few different parameters, and the trucks are getting stronger by the week.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I'm heading back to the track tonight to test the results with the new pulley. They are calling for a chance of rain here this evening though, so hopefully that holds off long enough to get a few passes in.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got mine this morning! :)

I'll install it in the next month or so (I don't drive the truck in the winter).

I might do the e-fan mod at the same time.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm heading back to the track tonight to test the results with the new pulley. They are calling for a chance of rain here this evening though, so hopefully that holds off long enough to get a few passes in.

Any updates? Did you get a chance to run?

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
We got rained out on Friday. Had over 3" of rain Thursday, so there was too much standing water. Gonna have to wait for this coming Friday.

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gotcha. Keep us updated. Definitely interested as Id like to get one but the tax man is wanting $1000 back from me :(

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any downside to this part? Like affecting the engine driven accessories proper operations?

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Underdrive pulley

Wondering how those with the "high amp" sound systems will fare in stop and go driving. Maybe their output wont be so loud? lol Seriously though, make sure that the battery is up to par. In situations of slow engine speed and high amp draw, stereo, lights, and heater, the battery is the "workhorse". If it can't maintain the amps required, lights will constantly dim, heater fan motor will slow, and Radio??? Could even effect restart in the extreme cold temps after setting all day while were at work. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
I ran an ATI 15% underdrive on my 03 Hemi for 3 years without any trouble, and it has been on my 2011 crew cab now for about 4-5 months. Havent seen any charging issues, and I do have an aftermarket stereo on the 2011.

This mod is not for the lifted work trucks with auxilary lighting and high electrical draw. Its for the guys that are going to the track or racing around the street that want to squeeze out every last HP they can get.

justinsweber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive installed mine... was a hard install given the tight clearances.
Once installed its made my truck incredible... pulls harder, faster and smooth. It combined with a programer and efan are easily my best mods. Really really happy. No charging issues on my DD just a hell of a lot more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Id say this over headers as a no brainer...

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Justin, you waited a long time for these to come out, so I'm glad you are happy. I felt the same gains with both of my trucks after installing this. Truck is just much more responsive now.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed mine today! My impressions are pretty much identical to Justin's. Only difference is that I don't have an efan.

Seems it even idles smoother - maybe due to the better damper, but maybe in my head.

In case anyone else is wondering - the keyway is supposed to be there. I called Matt this morning to verify.

Hoping to see a bit of a MPG bump as well - but time will tell. I drive about 350 miles/week for work, all highway, so if it is going to help the MPG, I should see it right away.

Installation was tight, but not bad. Other than numb arms from reaching up while laying on my back under the truck, install wasn't bad at all.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just received my damper yesterday, might be a few weeks before I get it in. It's the wifes "To Do List". It's getting bigger type thing. Needless to say of the quality of an ATI product.

I Want to thank Matt for providing this product and everyone in the original group buy. We wouldn't be as far along in our builds without them and Matts product testing in a lot of things Moes Performance offers to this community.

I've heard of a couple of things that possibily could be coming down the pipeline. One being the ported Intake manifold from Moes. I'm excited to know mine is done, just waiting for a couple extra parts in that build. Should work well with my ported heads without the hassle of a 6.4 intake swap. Thank You Matt for breaking the ground and leg work for that service as well. AAA+++

Last edited:

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not planning on going too crazy with my truck but i am thinking about this mod. I run the ATi pulley on my MINI (yes, they make them for them as well) for different reasons and it is truly a quality part. Even more awesome is it can be sent back to ATI for a rebuild every 50 to 100k.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just received my damper yesterday, might be a few weeks before I get it in. It's the wifes "To Do List". It's getting bigger type thing. Needless to say of the quality of an ATI product.

I Want to thank Matt for providing this product and everyone in the original group buy. We wouldn't be as far along in our builds without them and Matts product testing in a lot of things Moes Performance offers to this community.

I've heard of a couple of things that possibily could be coming down the pipeline. One being the ported Intake manifold from Moes. I'm excited to know mine is done, just waiting for a couple extra parts in that build. Should work well with my ported heads without the hassle of a 6.4 intake swap. Thank You Matt for breaking the ground and leg work for that service as well. AAA+++

Update, had my damper in for a week now. Ati's damper is 3 pounds lighter and 7/8" smaller in diameter. 13+ DEFINITLY needs 71.5" belt. 72.5, 72 belt of course will fit but not tight as it should be. 71.5 puts the belt tensioner in the stock location. If you doubt the info, make sure you mark the tensioner and see what belt puts you in the marked location.