*SOLD*ATI Underdrive pulley and belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For Sale, ATI Super Damper 15% underdrive pulley 09-up Ram 5.7 with Gates belt, both brand new never used. Only opened the boxes today to take pics. I do not want to separate the two, will only sell together. $375 (PayPal) shipped to lower 48, or $350 if you can meet locally (cash or Paypal) (I am about 20 miles southwest of Houston). Pulley is part #ATI15UD-4G, purchased and shipped from Moe's earlier this week. Belt is part #K060716HD, purchased and shipped from rockauto.com earlier this week. After receiving the parts, I talked with my mechanic and decided against installing the pulley. Feel free to PM me with any questions. 745534edf2638b57c68c070c6e945000.jpg1d92e15e907344aeac1d8d9b86491c82.jpg33a2080ed9e9c2963284605dd1881af6.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick question--did your mechanic think it would be detrimental to your engine or what?
Jay

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I vote for firing your mechanic. Just kidding. Man, I'd buy it if I didn't have one already! GLWS

OP
OP
texan279

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question--did your mechanic think it would be detrimental to your engine or what?
Jay
Sorry about that, I should have explained. No, he said it wouldn't cause any damage or harm anything, he said that for the cost of the pulley and cost of install, that it would not be worth it for me just having bolt ons on my truck. He said if I were driving a racer, stock car, or heavily modified tuned truck it would make sense, but would not make sense for me to install it. Just a note, my stupid self, I did not talk to him until after I purchased the items.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry about that, I should have explained. No, he said it wouldn't cause any damage or harm anything, he said that for the cost of the pulley and cost of install, that it would not be worth it for me just having bolt ons on my truck. He said if I were driving a racer, stock car, or heavily modified tuned truck it would make sense, but would not make sense for me to install it. Just a note, my stupid self, I did not talk to him until after I purchased the items.

Gotcha, mine is heavily modified!

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Your mechanic is just talking a bunch of crap to you.

Three reasons why you got the story you did:

1. He does not have the correct puller or installer to do the job correctly.
2. He has no idea on how to got that damper off and back on again.
3. He is too freckin lazy to get on his back to do the job.

Keep it and have it installed by another shop, well worth the investment.;)

OP
OP
texan279

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your mechanic is just talking a bunch of crap to you.

Three reasons why you got the story you did:

1. He does not have the correct puller or installer to do the job correctly.
2. He has no idea on how to got that damper off and back on again.
3. He is too freckin lazy to get on his back to do the job.

Keep it and have it installed by another shop, well worth the investment.;)

Honestly I doubt it. He is putting a new crate engine, radiator, oil pan, oil pump, and grille insert on my wifes car. He started Friday morning, said it'll be done Monday, hopefully, and that's not working yesterday or today. And when I say mechanic, he actually owns the shop, he doesn't do any of the work, just oversees and schedules everything. I've been in the shop before and he seems to have all the tools, equipment, and machines needed to repair almost any vehicle. He builds race cars for others and himself. But there is another performance shop in town I may call tomorrow and ask them about it.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Talk to Matt and see what he thinks. I think he will give you the right information.
Jay

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I installed this pulley on my ram.
Other than the tune, I think I felt this mod the most compared to my intake and e-fan mod.
Since you are spinning the accessories a little slower you make them last longer and spend less fuel trying to turn them.

I highly recommend this pulley kit!

OP
OP
texan279

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed this pulley on my ram.
Other than the tune, I think I felt this mod the most compared to my intake and e-fan mod.
Since you are spinning the accessories a little slower you make them last longer and spend less fuel trying to turn them.

I highly recommend this pulley kit!
Yea, I am seriously considering having another shop put this on. Thank you for the info!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
texan279

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bump....still for sale....will take $350 shipped, $325 to meet local (Houston area).

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If still available ill take it for asking price shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.