ATI 15% Underdrive Pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bumping this. Anyone else want to share their experiences with this? Thinking of getting one. are the gains worth it?

I just put my ATI Underdrive pulley on this last weekend.
Let me just say it was worth every penny.
It makes the engine rev faster, its definitely smoother, and I can definitely feel the power difference.
It does the occasional chirp from 1st-2nd now that it never did before.

At idle the AC blows just as cold and the alternator is charging just as good.
No issues at all on my install, I highly recommend this mod.

I used the Gates K060716 (71.6") Belt on it and it fit perfect.
The tensioner is placed right in the middle of the adjustment it has, just like the OEM belt did.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just put my ATI Underdrive pulley on this last weekend.
Let me just say it was worth every penny.
It makes the engine rev faster, its definitely smoother, and I can definitely feel the power difference.
It does the occasional chirp from 1st-2nd now that it never did before.

At idle the AC blows just as cold and the alternator is charging just as good.
No issues at all on my install, I highly recommend this mod.

I used the Gates K060716 (71.6") Belt on it and it fit perfect.
The tensioner is placed right in the middle of the adjustment it has, just like the OEM belt did.

It's times like this when I try to think of an excuse to justify the expense. I'm pretty much maxed out on bolt ons minus this. Hmmmm

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
This mod is totally justifiable...engine runs smoother, as well as its the perfect time to remove the clutch can and install v6 fan. You won't regret it. Cleans up the engine bay.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Already did fan mod

You know that little throttle response you pick up when you remove the clutch fan?
Well i didn't feel it to be honest, but i know that the truck has to be faster since it has no fan to spin off the engine.

Well the ATI pulley really makes a real difference.
You can actually feel the power gain.
I was skeptical before putting it on, but I am glad I did because it made my truck wake up.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want one but the price vs the gains that I might get are what's stoping me.i need more proof

tuned by Jay Greene

I'm kind of in the same boat. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on this, it's just a matter of time. I probably go to Moe's site 3-4 times a week just to look at it. I know, I have issues.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
maybe we can con Matt into taking it back if we don't like it

tuned by Jay Greene

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Matt, do you have a picture of the Bully Dog single gauge pod mounted so I could see what it looks like?

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is one of the three mods that I would recommend for actual butt dyno results. I noticed this mod immediately just like a tune and headers.

Nick I posted a picture of the way everything mounts up on another thread, are you looking for just the mount with the diablo taken off??

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is one of the three mods that I would recommend for actual butt dyno results. I noticed this mod immediately just like a tune and headers.

Nick I posted a picture of the way everything mounts up on another thread, are you looking for just the mount with the diablo taken off??

Are you talking about the gauge pod mount or the balancer? I got the pod picture from Matt. If you have balance install pics, no, I didn't see those.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was referring to the gauge pod mount. Didn't take any photos of the balancer install. Hard enough without taking pictures haha.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just like Walmart.

"I'd like to return these diapers 'cause they already got **** in 'em"

Is it possible for you to weigh the 3 pieces that come with the underdrive pulley compared to the OEM harmonic balancer?
If you don't have a OEM one, I can weigh mine.
I just didn't weigh the ATI one i bought before I put it on.

I am sure the ATI one weighs less thus reducing parasitic loss and rotational mass which should make any skeptics believe this pulley works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat