ATI 15% Underdrive Pulley

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Pulley not only helps with performance but provides a much smooother acceleration because of the dampener. All around great mod for under $400.

IMG_2944.jpg

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Saw all the model #’s for the 13+ belts but no model for the 09-12 77.5” belt. Anyone have those model numbers off hand?

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Went 15% overdrive as that's what us supercharged folks do to get more power :Big Laugh:

My personal experience with underdrive pulleys was not good. Put a set of underdrive pulleys on my old 94' ram and it just caused electrical issues due to dropping the voltage and more frequent overheating. Ended up killing my battery eventually.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
Saw all the model #’s for the 13+ belts but no model for the 09-12 77.5” belt. Anyone have those model numbers off hand?
http://www.ramforum.com/f44/ati_15%25_underdrive_pulley-60796/#post957668

775K6 Serpentine Belt Replaces Dayco Napa Gates Goodyear Bando Serpentine Belts | www.VBeltSupply.com

775K6 K Series Serpentine Belt Replacement Belt For:
Gates K060775 Dayco 5060775 Napa 25-060775 Napa 25060775 Goodyear 4060775 Bando 6PK1968

41Or1ifU-yL.jpg

Just for future reference I used the 71.5 inch 6 rib on my 2014.
Dayco # 5060715

Last edited:

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
So, I pulled the trigger on this today. Anyone have any tips for an easy install? Doesn't look that complicated. I'm hoping it's worth the $400.00+ investment. Reviews seem positive so far. Will update once installed.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
I ran an ATI 15% underdrive on my 03 Hemi for 3 years without any trouble, and it has been on my 2011 crew cab now for about 4-5 months. Havent seen any charging issues, and I do have an aftermarket stereo on the 2011.

This mod is not for the lifted work trucks with auxilary lighting and high electrical draw. Its for the guys that are going to the track or racing around the street that want to squeeze out every last HP they can get.
Good advice, Matt.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let’s bump an old thread. I’ll be purchasing the pulley from Matt here soon. Anymore tips/tricks etc for the install?

Fatboy57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When installing the ati hub did anyone use the old bolt to get the hub seated then remove and install the new bolt? Or just zip it on with the new bolt?

torque spec for the crank bolt?

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pretty sure they rec. to not reuse the bolt. To be honest I cannot remember if I did or not, if the original bolt shows signs of stretch I definitely would not even consider it.
New bolt would cover you.

I didn't notice a big performance gain, but did instantly notice how smooth the motor seemed.

texan279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So...I ordered this from Moe's earlier. Called my mechanic to see what he would charge to install (I work 60 hours a week and live south of Houston, really don't want to use half a weekend to do it in 95+ degree heat). Basically told me not to do it and that he would rather not install it. Said if I was putting it in a race or stock car he could see doing it, but for my DD it is not worth it and would affect my A/C, alternator, etc. He recommended putting in Kook's long tube headers instead. (I already have a Vararam, Moes ported throttle body, 180 tstat, moes catch can, and Carven Muffler on my truck.) I skimmed through this thread and did not see anything negative posted. But I wanted to get you guys thoughts, experiences, stories, pros or cons, etc. with these pulleys since I may end up selling the pulley and putting the $$$ towards headers. Thanks in advance.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Didn't affect my A/C or charging or anything. Did make the engine idle and run a bit smoother I think.
I do have 3.92 gears though so my rpms are probably a bit higher than a 3.21 truck.

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So...I ordered this from Moe's earlier. Called my mechanic to see what he would charge to install (I work 60 hours a week and live south of Houston, really don't want to use half a weekend to do it in 95+ degree heat). Basically told me not to do it and that he would rather not install it. Said if I was putting it in a race or stock car he could see doing it, but for my DD it is not worth it and would affect my A/C, alternator, etc. He recommended putting in Kook's long tube headers instead. (I already have a Vararam, Moes ported throttle body, 180 tstat, moes catch can, and Carven Muffler on my truck.) I skimmed through this thread and did not see anything negative posted. But I wanted to get you guys thoughts, experiences, stories, pros or cons, etc. with these pulleys since I may end up selling the pulley and putting the $$$ towards headers. Thanks in advance.
Zero cons; all pros.

In fairness, I have had underdrive pully on almost every car I ever owned. The only one that gave me minor cooling issues was a '92 Sundace.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always wondered if the ati pulley would fix the 2k rpm vibration I get under light acceleration. Lots of others that have it have theorized it's resonance from the engine, would be interesting if a better pulley dampens it more.

An expensive guess, though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate being that guy but... I’m researching doing the damper and realize that ati offers a 15 UD and a 6% OD. I’m not interested in the underdrive. My truck gets used off-road. Have plans to add a winch. Already have done off-road lights going in. I’m running an older s&b intake and a Borla catback exhaust. Plans are to do a cam and long tubes with catted y pipe. Tossing around the idea of a 6.4 manifold swap and a aev snorkel. Any reason a 6% OD is good or bad for a truck with my setup? I realize it turns everything faster but at the same time weighs less than the stock balancer. Would I see any benefits from the water pump turning faster? I am running the v6 fan with ags delete as well as a 190 tstat that I’m planning on swapping back to a 180 soon.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I hate being that guy but... I’m researching doing the damper and realize that ati offers a 15 UD and a 6% OD. I’m not interested in the underdrive. My truck gets used off-road. Have plans to add a winch. Already have done off-road lights going in. I’m running an older s&b intake and a Borla catback exhaust. Plans are to do a cam and long tubes with catted y pipe. Tossing around the idea of a 6.4 manifold swap and a aev snorkel. Any reason a 6% OD is good or bad for a truck with my setup? I realize it turns everything faster but at the same time weighs less than the stock balancer. Would I see any benefits from the water pump turning faster? I am running the v6 fan with ags delete as well as a 190 tstat that I’m planning on swapping back to a 180 soon.

If you're worried about low electrical output you could always throw one of these in the bed:
https://www.generac.com/all-products/generators/home-backup-generators/protector-series/25kw-rg025