Auto dimming headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fishingnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a way to adjust the dimmer?
My dimmer shuts off the high beams at every street sign.
Driving down a country road wi no oncoming traffic, the lights constantly dim at every sign.
Thanks
Mike

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Isn't there a way to simply disable the auto-dim function, or it just another of those nanny devices that some bright engineer thought was a good idea? Like the back-up camera that comes on and irritates you out of the corner of your eye even with the radio turned off.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Isn't there a way to simply disable the auto-dim function, or it just another of those nanny devices that some bright engineer thought was a good idea? Like the back-up camera that comes on and irritates you out of the corner of your eye even with the radio turned off.
Yes in settings. It's called Auto Dim High Beams.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Is there a way to adjust the dimmer?
My dimmer shuts off the high beams at every street sign.
Driving down a country road wi no oncoming traffic, the lights constantly dim at every sign.
Thanks
Mike
Mine did that, then one day it did not. Only thing I can figure is I cleaned the windshield really good in that area.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You may be able to have them adjusted at a windshield replacement shop. I will say that the auto-dim headlights on my 22 2500 work better all around than the ones in my 18 2500. The 18's were not bad, just not as good as the newer truck.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes in settings. It's called Auto Dim High Beams.
^^^...^^^ Just do this and your problem is solved.