Auto Dimming Mirror Connector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Upgraded my manual mirror to the auto dimming w/911/assist and would like to use the appropriate female connector and pins. The male connector(PBT GF15 YA 2.1) is located behind the right side panel cover. The mirror came with the connector so I made and ran a harness from the mirror to the panel connector. Would appreciate any help with part numbers for the connector and pins.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Upgraded my manual mirror to the auto dimming w/911/assist and would like to use the appropriate female connector and pins. The male connector(PBT GF15 YA 2.1) is located behind the right side panel cover. The mirror came with the connector so I made and ran a harness from the mirror to the panel connector. Would appreciate any help with part numbers for the connector and pins.
I would contact M2mods. They are a vendor on this forum and build custom harnesses. I am sure they can give you the part# for the pins for the mirror harness connector. Not sure what year your truck is or what options it came with because I can't see it with TapTalk but if it's a 13 to 16 the part# for the complete mirror harness is 68207372AB. This harness will work for auto dim and auto high beam mirrors. It will also work on the 17 to 18 trucks but will have the extra wiring for the mirror microphones that isn't used. They run around $35. Just wanted to mention it. You will also need to enable the auto dim code in order for the auto dim mirror to work. If your truck is a lower trim level like an Express or a Tradesman the dealer cannot enable this code. You will need to use the alfa OBD tool. I would reccomend checking out the (alfa OBD) thread and reading the first post with all the information. You may already know about all of this but wanted to mention it just in case.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Remen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Yes, thank you. I have the 3(power, ground, signal) wires pinned to the male connector. I upgraded to the power fold tow mirrors with driver side dimming wth the infotainment kit and programmed the functions. I’m upgrading to the 8.4 UAQ with Car Play and when I pull the panel again install the female connector/pins oem style.

Alpha ODB app and OBD MX at the ready.

2017 Ram 1500 Tradesman

Cmorris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you find the connector info? I'm looking for the exact same thing.