AVS Aeroskin Hood Protector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
here's what is looks like on a 3/4 ton, just ordered another one for my new truck cuz of the rock chips

Attachments

• IMAG0078.jpg
    IMAG0078.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 722

RamWrayzor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was on the fence on if I should get a hood protector for my truck and when I decided I wanted one, I couldn't find a color matched one from Mopar but I think I got the next best thing. It is an AVS Aeroskin Hood Protector that sits flush and is more a "hood protector" vs a "bug deflector". I had no idea there was a difference until just a few weeks ago and there are some out there that doubt its effectiveness. Enough on that - The hardest part was getting it squared up and from there, it was just peel and stick. For my particular color, I think the smoked one looks best. Chrome looks good on lighter colors, IMHO.

10321389663_7206ee3bbc_b.jpg

I like how it sits flush with the hood. Not a bad deal at $65 from autoanything.

Do you happen to have the part#? I find 2 when I do my search but want the exact one you have.

Mennis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how tall is it in the center section? How much of the hood does it cover? I ask because i just received hood damage on the fwd edge of the hood. Its going to cost between 1k and 1500 to have hood repaired , or replaced and repainted.

I don't want to sound cheap but i am this month. I will spend the money on a new fibertec hood and paint but would rather put this skin on it if it will cover my damage temporarily.

Im paying off a 12 month 0 interest on a 5k rock on wifes hand and dont really have the cash for the fibertec but cant stand the dent either. If the skin will not ease my OCD then i will have to resort to plan V for visa.

Thanks to anyone for measurements.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I purchased the same one for my truck, but decided not to install it for two reasons. First, it will likely fade the hood differently and leave adhesive 'marks' should it ever be removed. Second, I have the Prairie Pearl truck and this looked like the hood had a mustache. I'm not against mustaches, but it just looked kind of odd with the lighter paint.

I would still like to add a deflector, so I'm considering one that bolts to the underside of the hood.

I would imagine it would take quite some time for the hood to fade, and even then I think it would be easy to take a good polish/polisher to it to restore it back to it's original state. It's no different really than when you debadge a vehicle and there's ghosting left over where the badge was. Usually comes right off with a mild all-in-one polish.