Back to Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MojaveWarlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
21C4C3DA-EF7F-4DD8-ADD8-61BF266947CA.jpeg 4EA31233-00CA-4AAE-BBDF-D5A20A4BECCC.jpeg 8D5D5285-7B4B-44F8-ACB6-518107AD69ED.jpeg Hello all,

I recently picked up a 2019 classic Mojave Sand Warlock 3.6/4x4/3.55 gears and so far I absolutely love being back in a Ram. Ended up switching from a nice but barely equipped 2016 F150 super crew 4x4 with the 2.7 ecoboost. The Ford was really good to me, no big issues in the 90,000 km I used it but I grew tired of the extensive lack of options, less than desirable winter performance, rear skipping sideways over bumps, coming up to the end of powertrain warranty and with my wife working at a Hyundai dealer she pushed to get a better overall deal.

Basically the stripped down Ford that didn’t even have power seats/heated mirrors was more expensive than the Warlock. In Canadian dollars, the Ford was $52K MSRP and $40k off the lot. The Warlock was $61.5k MSRP, $39K out the door and has heated powered seats , heated steering wheel, full center console, Uconnect 8.4, power fold auto dim mirrors, and a lot more. Very impressed with Ram on that one.

Comparing the two by powertrain, I’d take the 3.6/8 speed over and over again. Although the 2.7 ecoboost/6 speed is a great combo, it was hard (but not impossible) to get the stated mileage and every time you start moving from a complete stop it felt like there was a jolt after the turbos spooled up. The 3.6/8 speed is just amazingly smooth and so far after 3,100 km I am getting better winter mileage than the ford. Averaging mixed, 12.2 L/100 km compared to 12.6 L/100 km.

The Ram feels better planted to the road over bumps and in snow. That is probably because the bed is steel instead of aluminum but I do find that the Ford took the bumps better at a higher speed (30+ km/hr)with the leafs absorbing better than the coils.

Only thing I miss from the Ford was the flat load floor in the back of the crew cab. Tons of space. There is the fold out flat load in this Ram but it just not the same. Not a big deal though.

Only things I’ve added were running boards, tonneau cover, tailgate assist and Maxliner (knockoff weathertechs) front floor mats.

Only things I want to add still would be a second row full coverage floor mat, black lug nuts or black lug nut covers, or maybe an exhaust that would give it a more aggressive tone. Looked at many YouTube videos but I can’t find one I like. The one I found that I like isn’t legal for on road up here.

Overall, I am extremely happy with this truck and it’s appearance. I love how many people stare at it as I’m driving and I have yet to see another Mojave Sand Warlock driving around my area. It’s a great package to get if you are considering a well equipped and well priced truck. I think it’s a very nice value package if you don’t need the latest and greatest.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MojaveWarlock

MojaveWarlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thank you! My wife wasn’t happy with the colour but the more she saw it in person the more she likes it. It hides the mud/salt really well. The running boards are black but when mud gets kicked up they turn a very similar colour so it’s nice to have colour matched running boards from time to time.

I was reluctant to join the forum At first because of my experience on the Ford forums. Some guys there get all fired up over the smallest thing and there is a lot of hardcore fanboys there so it can get nasty. I’m sure there are some here but in my lurking before and since joining here I haven’t found many examples of that. Which is definitely something to be proud of.

Keep forgetting to explain the back to Ram title. I originally had a 2011 1500 ST quad cab 4x4 with the Hemi/5 speed/3.92 gears. Absolutely nothing wrong with it and it was a really nice truck. Traded it in for the Ford because it had the bigger crew cab for my daughter before she was born, was better on fuel and it had better incentives at the time. Life changes though, getting older I find I want more creature comforts and style. The Ram crew is more than enough for my daughter and I’m very happy to be back.

Last edited:

phantomfixer

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also came from an F150 to a Ram and I agree with your point about that flat rear floor.That is something I really miss.Way more room in the rear of the Ford without having to fold pieces down to make the floor flat.I like the Ram but I liked the Ford as well

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome back, I saw that color this weekend, pretty sharp!

kaHonu37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome

Awesome truck.

We got a 2019 Quad Cab Warlock with the 5.7 an 3.21, to tow our Rpod. Put a topper on for our two Golden Retrievers.

Love our Warlock, great lines.

Richg87

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Nice truck! I purchased a Warlock and love it.

What tonneau cover did you get? I’m researching covers. So many options.

OP
OP
MojaveWarlock

MojaveWarlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Nice truck! I purchased a Warlock and love it.

What tonneau cover did you get? I’m researching covers. So many options.

Thank you!

I got mine from amazon for $280 CAD. Always had issues with hard tonneau covers leaking eventually in the past and decided to try the soft one this time. So far no leaks and it’s nice and light. Comes with extra foam and an extra handle. Shipped with prime and was on my doorstep within 36 hours.

Here’s the link, https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B07X58Z19M/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP
MojaveWarlock

MojaveWarlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Welcome back, you're in good company, I had a 2018 F-150 2.7 W 10 speed a real POS nothing but shifting problems, any rate try these guys they are the forum vendor

https://www.ramforum.com/forums/tonneaucovered-com.203/

I agree that it’s been good company here and a better atmosphere than the Ford ones. Sometimes when I posted on the Ford forum I wasn’t sure if I’d get support or torn a new one for bringing up an issue so I’m impressed with what I’ve seen here.

Didn’t hear a lot of good things about the 10 speed over there, either guys were happy with it or couldn’t wait to dump it.

Wish I read more into that vendor before I bought my tonneau cover. Rather money go to someone active in the community than amazon but I needed it ASAP as the wife was going on a shopping trip to the states and needed it on the truck before she left.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Very nice truck,exhaust you should consider the stock hemi dual,makes the v6 sound very good and plus with the dual slotted bumper looks class,Exhausts can be picked up very cheap but bumper may run $200+.I have it on mine.

OP
OP
MojaveWarlock

MojaveWarlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Very nice truck,exhaust you should consider the stock hemi dual,makes the v6 sound very good and plus with the dual slotted bumper looks class,Exhausts can be picked up very cheap but bumper may run $200+.I have it on mine.

Thanks! Yea I saw some of those exhaust set ups on YouTube but it’s just the search for a dual slot powder coated bumper thats holding me back.