Back up cam on while driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madpuma13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The neutral thing happens the way I described before. You go into cargo cam feature then cab press the back button to cycle through the cams

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
@ RLK,
I believe if you email CustomTronix that they will gladly clarify what is happening with their software.
Although I have gotten the impression that they can come across as a bit arrogant back when jeepguy1980 was trying out their software. Possibly just a lost in translation issue. (The name Magnus comes to mind).

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeh , I watched a couple videos this morning by a guy Named Magnus , he's the voice in the Custom Tronix video that you posted above .
Maybe a bit arrogant , maybe just his demenor from Sweden? He probably gets a ton of simple or stupid questions.
Either way I am gonna send them an email with some questions ( hopefully intelligent Qs ) LOL !

I've all but 100% verified through watching videos that the 8.4" screen does go Blue at speeds above 7-10 mph .

Thanks for your involvement here Mpgrimm2!
It looks like they offer package deals with front and or cargo light assy cams with the RCA jack harness .
I'm still not clear yet on how the movies play , unless it's all via blutooth ?
There is a video & audio RCA , I'm just not clear on what I would hook up to them ... maybe a DVD player ?

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Keep us posted

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

st8er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Laramie Crew Cab
All factory. I was running about 65mph

Wow , so tell me Sir How do you like your Custom Tronix?
I'm assuming that's what you have .

Have you had any problems with it & how is customer service ?
Have you had to update the software , if so do you do it via the USB port?

And finally did you upgrade to your 8.4" radio or was it factory ?

Thanks for any response .

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
The video on the RAX requires additional equipment. You could use a mirror be, Apple TV, DVD player etc. The RAX provided adapter harness has one audio in and two video in. In order to use the video you need an ab switch hooked into the cargo cam line in so you could hook up a third device. To use it you would turn on the cargo cam and switch the ab to you video source. All video control would be done through the video source. Or if you are not installing cargo cam just hook up without an switch. Very hokey, the lock pick has the same ability but it has built in mirror cast ability making it pnp, though quirky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R.L.K.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The video on the RAX requires additional equipment. You could use a mirror be, Apple TV, DVD player etc. The RAX provided adapter harness has one audio in and two video in. In order to use the video you need an ab switch hooked into the cargo cam line in so you could hook up a third device. To use it you would turn on the cargo cam and switch the ab to you video source. All video control would be done through the video source. Or if you are not installing cargo cam just hook up without an switch. Very hokey, the lock pick has the same ability but it has built in mirror cast ability making it pnp, though quirky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Sir !

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I took this photo today at 45mph with the cargo cam while making sure I didn't loose the bobcat. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
2e5f01470eaa7a29338464aae6f1f239.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca