Backlit ram emblem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed mine last night.
I have the chrome one and it looks OEM, from a couple feet away.
Not sure that I wired correctly though. With the truck running, I believe it’s on it’s brightest mode. When I step on the brake, it’s not brighter.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How well does it wire into tailgate? Image shows wire out of enter if emblem but hole in tailgate twards bottom.. I doubt want to have to drill another hole for emblem..
Sorry man but you do need to drill a hole.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How well does it wire into tailgate? Image shows wire out of enter if emblem but hole in tailgate twards bottom.. I doubt want to have to drill another hole for emblem..

Don't know, I have never installed one....

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed mine last night.
I have the chrome one and it looks OEM, from a couple feet away.
Not sure that I wired correctly though. With the truck running, I believe it’s on it’s brightest mode. When I step on the brake, it’s not brighter.

Yeah I couldn't figure mine out. When I first hooked it up, I turned the headlights on and it was a dim red running light. Then when I pushed on the brakes it got brighter but when I let off the brakes it never dimmed back.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Gregdad... image says it all but you confirmed. Make a direct fit to match ram tailgate and wiring, but put wires too high for factory hole.. didn't make sense.. but I do like the chrome looking version... and close to just saying "F... I mean drill it" and just order it

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wasn’t too keen on drilling a hole but the new emblem covers it up and should seal off with the 3m tape. My OEM emblem had dirt down at the bottom when I pulled it off though.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I just checked mine, with the engine running and lights turned off. Damn emblem is flashing with signal. Guess I’ll be rewiring it.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
088511D6-F272-493E-AB2B-BD28A9B9CC98.jpeg Ok, I got my rear emblem working correctly now. First...throw the useless brake module with green and yellow wires in the garbage.
White wire from emblem goes to ground.
Brown wire from emblem went to back of trailer plug and tapped into running light wire.
Red wire from emblem tapped into this wire that Ram has added as an option for third brake light on canopies .
Works like a charm now.

OP
OP
akennedyusmc

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like it will add a lot of glare to the backup cam

So here's a glare picture next to a lights off picture. Sorry took so long.
Still haven't had time yet to spray a final coat because works been keeping me super busy. Some day....
55857a8c6f3841b2729a7d583ad903b0.jpg57ab20ce078d79eb38930e338a8d6cca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk