Backup camera quit working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all... My back up camera just up and stopped working... The deck still recognizes it but it won't switch to it during reverse nor does it it show anything but a black screen when I view camera... Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My wife’s Charger with 8.4 started doing this, works sometimes and other times it’s a blank screen, it’s going to the dealer today, I’ll let you know what they say

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dealer said camera needed to be replaced, internal short

Medmann41

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 l
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 and have had the same prob on and off for about 6 months...so decided today to check out the connection at the tailgate... When I opened up the connector it looked clean and dry... I shook it out and a little dust can out of the connector holes but not too bad.. Then sprayed WD 40 in the connection before closing it up....turned on the truck... put it in reverse and the camera still did not work....so that connection is not the problem... Reading other solutions on the internet I decided to slam the tailgate really hard and bam the camera now works..We'll see how long it lasts before it goes out again..... I believe it's probably a short in the Camera as some posts suggest....though I did read a post or two whete the dealer replaced the camera and after a day the problem returned.... So who knows
... Will repost when the camera stops working again... Will slam the tailgate again and see if that solves the problem again...Good luck on your issue...