Battery Low Voltage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DannyM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all,

I have a 2016 5.7 liter Big Horn Ram truck. I have a "Battery Low Voltage" display on the instrument panel, and a little red "battery" light showing. According to the battery shop, the battery and the alternator check out as "doing what they're supposed to do. I got a second opinion from another shop who checked it out, and they said, "There was an alternator code in it." Some sources say to replace the "fuse" at the positive battery terminal. I've noticed several posts discussing this same issue but haven't found a fix for it yet. I purchased a new "Dorman" fuse for the positive terminal of the battery and installed it. When I cranked the truck, the power steering wouldn't work, and there was a "Check Power Steering" alert on the instrument panel. LOL. I put the old terminal fuse back on, and the power steering started working again, however the Low Voltage" alert came back. If anyone could share some info on how I can fix this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did the test on the battery include a load test for the amps? This is not a quick test that can be done with a handheld device at AutoZone. Quite possible the voltage is fine but amps are not there. Bad amps can cause electrical problems.