BCM Programming 2013 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah the scanner can do that. But nothing in the driver's door. Can get the passenger to work but no driver again. Seriously running out of ideas.
Have you looked at any diagrams to see if the door itself has a ground? I've never looked but it's possible?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Tipm can cause similar issues with one thing then all the sudden you’re in a no start situation. It will come down to testing every circuit and tracing wires. A lot of the time it’s one wire broke at a connector

OP
OP
S

Swims43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, it seems like it's isolated to the driver door harness somehow. Everything else connected to the BCM works. So either a wire or a connector is messed up. Now I'm just trying to find the harness for sale. Dealer wants like 500 for it.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Yeah, it seems like it's isolated to the driver door harness somehow. Everything else connected to the BCM works. So either a wire or a connector is messed up. Now I'm just trying to find the harness for sale. Dealer wants like 500 for it.
Harness may not fix it. Throwing parts at it is not diagnosing. Getting a wiring diagram and back probes is a lot less expensive. Can bus errors could be in a tail light causing weird stuff. I had one last week that was giving transmission errors and glow plug errors. It turned out to be a corroded connector at the rear of the truck
72797067391__2E10C56D-40DA-433D-86BD-73D2B68B484D.jpeg

NitroHvy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Have you tried replacing the door module? I’m telling you, I have a 2013 1500 4WD 5.7. A cpl of my wireless modules failed then the main WIM failed.

You stated in your OP that a diagnostic showed ’loss of communication to module A’. That is the door wireless door module. It costs $150.00 genuine Mopar. Super easy to replace. Your tech should test it. There is a test built-in from the WIM that will ping each module to test for reception.
Sounds like a wireless module issue to me.

DutchRamRepair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plug in the replacement bcm.

You car wont start, but you might be able to do some tests.

Worry about programming later.
You could disconnect the abs and pcm, if you are worried about vin changing issuess.

There is a reset function, in Alfaobd, to renew the replacement bcm.
You might need that, before you are able to change the bcm vin.

jdasilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you guys for this info. I have to replace my 2013 1500 bcm with a used one with Alfa OBD. Going to let you know if I get it to work

jdasilva

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also in case anyone has multiple faults at the same time like: no radio, rear left taillight short, no ambient temp, front windows not working.. Check that all the modules in the vehicle are working before changing out the BCM. Like drivers door module, trailer brake module, e.t.c. Hopefully this helps someone out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517