Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
You can buy Thuren suspension parts from Maple Offroad for those above the border.

And stay far, far, FAR away from anything that says “Rough Country” or “BDS” on an off-road truck. If you want a pavement princess, get a big horn and some 24’s that stick out and go to town.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
You can buy Thuren suspension parts from Maple Offroad for those above the border.

And stay far, far, FAR away from anything that says “Rough Country” or “BDS” on an off-road truck. If you want a pavement princess, get a big horn and some 24’s that stick out and go to town.
Nice! I wasn't sure if Maple was a Thuren dealer

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
What’s your intended use for you truck will it mostly be a mall crawler and light dirt fire roads, then perhaps BDS or lift kit such as that will work for you , and know with the offset of the wheels you’ll need to do some trimming, or are you looking at doing more high speed dune or desert type of Off-roading and looking for a smoother ride then you can’t go wrong with either Carli or Thuren, at the end of the day it’s the right tool for the job.
Definitely not a pavement princess, but I don’t intend on getting her dug into the dirt like my previous power wagon (at least for a couple years).
The intention is for some technical trail skills, rough mountain trails, and light depth mud terrain

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
^^^^^ This
I would most certainly look into your wheel specs first. If you're looking to do one of these out of the box lift kits solely for the look go for it.
but in the interest of saving yourself a lot of time and money I look into the specs on my wheel, power wagons really like to use a +27 to + 18 mm offset like in the screenshot I posted from Don Thurens website

I honestly don’t recall my spacing, but I took the wheels and tires off my 06 power wagon and put them on my new one, which is when I got the rubbing

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
I honestly don’t recall my spacing, but I took the wheels and tires off my 06 power wagon and put them on my new one, which is when I got the rubbing
Do you know the brand and model wheel? Was your previous wagon lifted?
Also where is the rubbing?

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
Definitely not a pavement princess, but I don’t intend on getting her dug into the dirt like my previous power wagon (at least for a couple years).
The intention is for some technical trail skills, rough mountain trails, and light depth mud terrain

B6C705E6-93FC-49E1-886F-2B0DC14FE10D.jpeg

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
Do you know the brand and model wheel? Was your previous wagon lifted?
Also where is the rubbing?

They’re XD 17” Misfit wheels (I believe they’re the XD800??) The 06 was not lifted, and the rubbing is on the bottom inner wheel well.
I was told I would have to trim the wheel well, but I’d like to avoid if possible, since it’s a new truck.

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
They’re XD 17” Misfit wheels (I believe they’re the XD800??) The 06 was not lifted, and the rubbing is on the bottom inner wheel well.
I was told I would have to trim the wheel well, but I’d like to avoid if possible, since it’s a new truck.
Silver Truck is the 06, black is the 2020

2B61925C-F0A2-463F-999D-40F62E395568.jpeg

1E985C35-834E-4BF1-8891-92D5EBB47238.jpeg

8A4771C1-6F67-492F-A4F8-E945AB17D215.jpeg

46B6DB1C-9BFF-4198-9E69-1CF49C03B3AD.jpeg

72D38629-D61B-40FF-A71C-A48B0E3CDA0B.jpeg

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Well, I was waiting for you to say something lol, I wouldn’t use BDS product’s to rebuild a Ford Raptor nor Junk Country to build a Ford Escape. Remember a majority of these After market kit’s are made in China, but the Specification’s for quality control are set by the Company that puts there name on them. Do your research and choose wisely.

On a side, 2 days ago as I was driving home from a quick jaunt I look up the road and see this Giant, and I mean Giant 4th gen 3500 Diesel sitting at an awkward angle on the side of the road. I should have taken a picture but I don’t usually have my cell phone as I hate them anyway. So it had to be lifted 12” inches huge wheels I mean like 24’s or bigger, super wide with the tires stretched on the rim. Tires looked to be about 40’s and the right rear was sitting sideways on the hub as the whole center of the wheel broke off. The Owner I believe was out looking at the damage talking on his phone shaking his head and as I rolled past he looked, I beeped and he just stood looking like the Fool that he is.

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
the only offset i could find for those wheels online was a zero offset. which if they are a zero it would pose a problem and will rub without some trimming. Not sure how long youve had them as they may have made different offsets at one time. to confirm Is thr circled area on my pic where your rubbing is?ae825abf99b39bf6294d1eed0bc97710.jpg

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
If you’re looking to do technical rock crawling, I’ll reinforce my early post. Stay far away from BDS. Carli is ok, Thuren is best.

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
the only offset i could find for those wheels online was a zero offset. which if they are a zero it would pose a problem and will rub without some trimming. Not sure how long youve had them as they may have made different offsets at one time. to confirm Is thr circled area on my pic where your rubbing is?ae825abf99b39bf6294d1eed0bc97710.jpg

Yes, definitely rubbing there. I’ve had them since 2013/2014? I was deployed at the time they were put on, so I don’t quite recall.
If the end result is I have to trim, I will. But, I’m also still wanting to get more clearance for my off-road activities, and trying to find a solid suspension lift (3-4”).

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
Well, I was waiting for you to say something lol, I wouldn’t use BDS product’s to rebuild a Ford Raptor nor Junk Country to build a Ford Escape. Remember a majority of these After market kit’s are made in China, but the Specification’s for quality control are set by the Company that puts there name on them. Do your research and choose wisely.

On a side, 2 days ago as I was driving home from a quick jaunt I look up the road and see this Giant, and I mean Giant 4th gen 3500 Diesel sitting at an awkward angle on the side of the road. I should have taken a picture but I don’t usually have my cell phone as I hate them anyway. So it had to be lifted 12” inches huge wheels I mean like 24’s or bigger, super wide with the tires stretched on the rim. Tires looked to be about 40’s and the right rear was sitting sideways on the hub as the whole center of the wheel broke off. The Owner I believe was out looking at the damage talking on his phone shaking his head and as I rolled past he looked, I beeped and he just stood looking like the Fool that he is.
Haha!! I absolutely will not go with Rough country, skyjacker, etc. I also only have 17” rims with the 37s... I wanted 16”, but they didn’t seem to have any when I was shopping.
My ultimate goal is to have a solid lift, that won’t break when I ask it to work (I tend to play rough with my toys, but it’s also my daily driver)

OP
OP
Athena

Athena

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi V8
If you’re looking to do technical rock crawling, I’ll reinforce my early post. Stay far away from BDS. Carli is ok, Thuren is best.
Can you elaborate on each kit? I’ve heard of Thuren, but I haven’t done much research on a comparison between Carli/Thuren/BDS

Maligator

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hem 5.7
Yes, definitely rubbing there. I’ve had them since 2013/2014? I was deployed at the time they were put on, so I don’t quite recall.
If the end result is I have to trim, I will. But, I’m also still wanting to get more clearance for my off-road activities, and trying to find a solid suspension lift (3-4”).
Id bet a paycheck its your wheels. Typically lower offsets rub there. You dont need more lift to run a 37" tire you need a proper offset wheel. At most youd need to heat that area up and push some plastic in. There are a ton of people wheeling 37s and thuren level springs on these trucks hard with very minor plastic trimming. A 12.5" wide tire would be beneficial as well. Just trying to save you from unnecessary mods. Plus Im with @IRSmart these lift kits are not meant for wheeling your cutting stock components, using drop brackets etc. Just adding more crap to fail

PWBOI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Sounds awesome, so it pretty much a Carli or Thuren kit either one is great , a little more money but well worth it for a suspension kit that is a quality kit and can take the abuse, I have the Carli 2.5 Pintop kit with the Radius Arms and love it, Thuren has a kick ass set up also , either way it’s hard to make a bad decision , plus you can buy separate components as the budget allows. And thanks for your service!!

Last edited:

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Athena look at Thurens kit’s, I wouldn’t suggest with tampering with the stock suspension too much as that’ll lead to lot’s of money and maybe some result’s you don’t like. You can opt for his Front upper/lower standard control arms which will get your front axle back forward 1/2” which will help with rub. I would also throw his adjustable front Track bar as it is much more robust and stops a ton of deflection.
I run both of these items on My 12. He also makes a rear track bar which is a beefier than stock unit. Maybe a steering stabilizer from him, either King or something else top shelf.
Also look at the different wheels AEV sells their 17” Salta wheels for about 150 each and they have an almost perfect offset for the Power Wagon. Some people hate ‘em but you can have them painted.
You have 2” inches of lift with the 37’s over the stock 33’s. Besides you really don’t want the truck sitting too high especially off road.
So far as doing any fender liner mods you should be able to get away with a heat gun and molding the lateral ridge that covers the pinch weld that way. And if needed they square bump above the pinch weld covers a body harness and you do have some room to make that a little flatter also.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Athena look at Thurens kit’s, I wouldn’t suggest with tampering with the stock suspension too much as that’ll lead to lot’s of money and maybe some result’s you don’t like. You can opt for his Front upper/lower standard control arms which will get your front axle back forward 1/2” which will help with rub. I would also throw his adjustable front Track bar as it is much more robust and stops a ton of deflection.
I run both of these items on My 12. He also makes a rear track bar which is a beefier than stock unit. Maybe a steering stabilizer from him, either King or something else top shelf.
Also look at the different wheels AEV sells their 17” Salta wheels for about 150 each and they have an almost perfect offset for the Power Wagon. Some people hate ‘em but you can have them painted.
You have 2” inches of lift with the 37’s over the stock 33’s. Besides you really don’t want the truck sitting too high especially off road.
So far as doing any fender liner mods you should be able to get away with a heat gun and molding the lateral ridge that covers the pinch weld that way. And if needed they square bump above the pinch weld covers a body harness and you do have some room to make that a little flatter also.

Its a brand new pw. No control arms. Radius arms up front.