BDS Lift for 4 Corner Air Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjc1490

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Frankly I'd be almost as happy with a hack to keep it in OR2. I think that would probably give plenty of room for 35s.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
There are threads about both on the ecodiesel forum... you can investigate further on your own....

BDS

Air Suspension BDS 4" Lift

Air Ride replacement links

Adjustable Air Ride lift links - Page 13

I havent read much about the changing the links, but you can skim that thread, its pretty long. I think some people switch the front and back ones, which gives it a 2 inhc lift or so but creates a stiff ride. I dont know... I lost interest in it, figured it would be smarter to just avoid the air ride all together.

I wouldnt be concerned about the tire balancing.

Last edited:

clgrandorf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are threads about both on the ecodiesel forum... you can investigate further on your own....

BDS

Air Suspension BDS 4" Lift

I havent read much about the changing the links, but you can skim that thread, its pretty long. I think some people switch the front and back ones, which gives it a 2 inhc lift or so but creates a stiff ride. I dont know... I lost interest in it, figured it would be smarter to just avoid the air ride all together.

I wouldnt be concerned about the tire balancing.

I did the swapped links and it works..but throws a payload warning if you try to move in to OR1 because the rear end is just about at the top of its range.

I have a set of the rear links delivering tomorrow to try lifting just the front. I figured for $60 it can't hurt.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
interesting.... well there you go folks. Im curious how just the front works for you.

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Thanks for the link. I decided to try the front/rear link swap. It went as advertised - about ten minutes with absolutely no tools required.

Will try for a few days to decide it I like it, and if I do, then get the front camber realigned.

I may end up getting the adjustable links for more precise control - raising the rear less, as well as evening it out - the factory position had the right rear 1/4" higher than the left rear. This translated to 1/2" higher with the link swap.

:peace:

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Contrary to others (on one of the referenced threads), I did not find the ride any stiffer. If anything is may be a bit softer. However, that may just be the impression because you're a bit higher and the movement is exaggerated a bit.

With the front/rear link swap I can't go into OR1. It continually says "Raising" and eventually gives me a "Service air system" warning. Cycling the ignition doesn't fix it. The only way to reset is to press the "Down" button when first starting the truck.

I think ideally I would get the adjustable ones, lift the front 2" and the back about 1" so it still has about 1" rake. Dead flat just looks "wrong" to me.

sjc1490

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adjustable Links

Contrary to others (on one of the referenced threads), I did not find the ride any stiffer. If anything is may be a bit softer. However, that may just be the impression because you're a bit higher and the movement is exaggerated a bit.

With the front/rear link swap I can't go into OR1. It continually says "Raising" and eventually gives me a "Service air system" warning. Cycling the ignition doesn't fix it. The only way to reset is to press the "Down" button when first starting the truck.

I think ideally I would get the adjustable ones, lift the front 2" and the back about 1" so it still has about 1" rake. Dead flat just looks "wrong" to me.

I broke down and ordered a set of the adjustable links, was wondering how your lift is working out with the swap? Thanks.

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Working just fine. But I need to either get it aligned or put back to stock - I can feel and hear the outside lugs biting more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500