Best A/T tire, Show them off, Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
They're so damn heavy for no reason.

IMO

Not for "no reason". They are a 10 ply with some other stuff that I can't remember right now. Makes them a better "truck" tire than BFs and others.

If you don't want that then I guess, yes you would be correct.

They are a very good tire.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not for "no reason". They are a 10 ply with some other stuff that I can't remember right now. Makes them a better "truck" tire than BFs and others.

If you don't want that then I guess, yes you would be correct.

They are a very good tire.

So are coopers and mickey thompsons.. They even have 3 ply "cross threaded" sidewalls... And their compound melts toyos if they get within a 5' radius.

IMO

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
So are coopers and mickey thompsons.. They even have 3 ply "cross threaded" sidewalls... And their compound melts toyos if they get within a 5' radius.

IMO

Your hate is misplaced. Focus on the BROTrucks.

Ghost270

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I pulled the trigger on a Black Forest Green 2500 4x4 CC Tradesman with the 6.4L Hemi this past weekend, and I can already tell the stock tires are not exactly 4x4 material. Looking hard at the Nitto Trial Grapplers based on a friends recommendation, but wanted to see what other folks are running on their rigs. Any suggestions, both tires and wheels?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I pulled the trigger on a Black Forest Green 2500 4x4 CC Tradesman with the 6.4L Hemi this past weekend, and I can already tell the stock tires are not exactly 4x4 material. Looking hard at the Nitto Trial Grapplers based on a friends recommendation, but wanted to see what other folks are running on their rigs. Any suggestions, both tires and wheels?
Sounds like a nice truck. Congrats! You've got 7 pages of suggestions here. ;)

I've had Nitto's before and really liked them. The Toyo's are pretty popular on here, too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Reactions: PCT
OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

My old co worker ran them on his 98 cummins. They are loud and heavy compared to an A/T tire. He told me it has ok traction in wet roads, and unless you are in like a country environment where there is a lot of dirt roads, i would stick to a A/T. My old co worker lives in the Bay area where there are no dirt roads... IMO they are a mud tire not a hybrid tire, but if you want an aggressive tire thats not M/T or R/T check out the Goodyear duratrak, i have heard good things about them

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Currently running BFG KO2's............look at the CRAZY grip they have ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 69

RAMthevbied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
AT2's are a really good tire for the money. I had them on an old jeep commander. Good tire wear and warranty.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have Cooper Discoverer ATPs now and they only have 11k miles so it could be awhile before I need new ones but I'm always trying to think ahead. I'm considering putting a 4" lift on the truck and would like a/t tire opinions as well. I would like a tire in the 34-35" range that has good wet/dry road manners, not too loud, gets decent mileage and can handle some snow while also having decent tread life. Doesn't need to be great offroad but not horrible either. I don't need a real aggressive tread pattern. Might be a tall order but I'd like something close to what I described.

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I have Cooper Discoverer ATPs now and they only have 11k miles so it could be awhile before I need new ones but I'm always trying to think ahead. I'm considering putting a 4" lift on the truck and would like a/t tire opinions as well. I would like a tire in the 34-35" range that has good wet/dry road manners, not too loud, gets decent mileage and can handle some snow while also having decent tread life. Doesn't need to be great offroad but not horrible either. I don't need a real aggressive tread pattern. Might be a tall order but I'd like something close to what I described.

Toyo Open Country A/T 2 fits your need.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
I dont have a/t. But if I did. They would be Mickey Thompson baja atz.
e809008154ff8a591ab070664d09b163.jpg

IMO
just had a set of these Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ p3s put on yesterday in 305 /55/r20 I'm amazed at how quiet they are at highway speeds and smooth for a aggressive tread tire will be getting my bilstein 5100s put on either today or friday and I will get some pics after its done . very pleased with the purchase

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
we had a little snow yesterday morning so please dont mind the dirty truck but heres some pics they have deep tread ,smooth ride ,good looks exactly what i was looking for I don't really go off road much so i couldn't justify the extra noise and cost of a mud terrain tire but I'm looking forward to see how these handle the elements on the road

Last edited:
OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just had a set of these Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ p3s put on yesterday in 305 /55/r20 I'm amazed at how quiet they are at highway speeds and smooth for a aggressive tread tire will be getting my bilstein 5100s put on either today or friday and I will get some pics after its done . very pleased with the purchase

I would be worried about on road traction when wet roads, with these tires, how do they preform since you have had them for a month or so now?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
professionalish