Best catback exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwrobson84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking about putting exhaust on my 2017 hemi crew cab. Just curious what everyone is running and how it affects the performance. I've always heard that some catback exhaust systems will negatively affect the hemi. Thanks in advance for the help.

John-e-racer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Borla bar none. I have it on my 2018 and it is unreal. Deep deep rumble, no drone. Music to my ears when I step on it and I hate all car exhaust.

John-e-racer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Probably no change in performance. Design is flow through so there should be some improvement but i can’t tell. The alignment and fit is perfect. I bought the s-type and then added the touring muffler. Touring is slightly quieter. I preferred the s-type but it was too loud for wife and kids.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably no change in performance. Design is flow through so there should be some improvement but i can’t tell. The alignment and fit is perfect. I bought the s-type and then added the touring muffler. Touring is slightly quieter. I preferred the s-type but it was too loud for wife and kids.
Any chance you can post a vid of the exhaust? I was looking at getting the borla touring catback myself

John-e-racer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sure I can. I have to figure out how to post but there are many videos on YouTube already. Btw the video will not truly appreciate the sound of the system. It is fantastic. Let me see what I can do.

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Love my Corsa. Check my Instagram @elviratheram for video.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gibson mwa race muffler weld in, actually felt a difference and loud outside and pretty tame inside. If money was no object and they made it for a regular cab , id have a corsa catback on my truck.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Magnaflow and I love it. But I see ****** has a new Blackheart kit for these trucks, I wager it sounds amazing and anyone with it would love it. And best thing is it would be rare, nobody has one yet, one here anyway.

OP
OP
J

Jwrobson84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input, I've always liked the borla sound and they used to be offered through mopar back in the day when the hemi first came out. I dont want anything extremely loud so that sounds like it would be perfect

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The best one would be the one you like the sound of the most.

I used Magnaflow on my 6.4L HEMI powered 2014. Loved the sound of it from inside the cab:

Just don't go too big on pipe size. The loss of performance (low end) can be attributed to putting too big of pipe on the truck. Keep it to stock size or at most a 0.25" upsize if you can. 0.50" won't kill it but that's as far as I'd go up with pipe size.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure what I even have... It came with it on it... But my God it sounds great. When I go back outside I'll record a start up video... Also take pics see if any of you can figure out what I have lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk