Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ Money well spent--you'll like it
Jay

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
So, you dressed up your steering wheel with the silver trim but them put a cheapo steering wheel cover on it?

I'm not saying anything, I'm just sayin...

2017 RAM 1500 CC, LoneStar, Black Pearl

Guy was from New Orleans, imagine he did it to save both his hands and his fancy new steering wheels leather.

FYI, Public Service Message:
Pete is an ********.
No one likes Pete.
Don't be an ********, like Pete

PS:
I am saying something, Don't be like Pete., the ********

b-rock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Guy was from New Orleans, imagine he did it to save both his hands and his fancy new steering wheels leather.

FYI, Public Service Message:
Pete is an ********.
No one likes Pete.
Don't be an ********, like Pete

PS:
I am saying something, Don't be like Pete., the ********
I honestly meant no offense and I apologize if I came across as an "********".

I have always had the opinion that the big thick one size fits all slip on steering wheel covers are ugly and look cheap. That is why I suggested the WheelSkins leather steering wheel wrap. A little more expensive and time consuming to put on? Yes, but they look great! (IMO)

I just think it's kinda funny that with all the money you see get thrown at our trucks on this forum, that people would still put what I consider a cheap and ugly cover on one of the things they are are gonna look at and touch everytime they get in their beloved truck.

This is where I take my own medicine:
'Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and they all stink'.

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a problem.. we all have our takes on surface protection with function and style in mind. I use the easy on, easy off, easy washable cover on sweaty, work on the truck days...ever try to wash crawfish juice from boils off leather? Sitkneelbend's suggestion to large leather cover. Then, there are days I ho commando. Naked wheel.
I honestly meant no offense and I apologize if I came across as an "********".

I have always had the opinion that the big thick one size fits all slip on steering wheel covers are ugly and look cheap. That is why I suggested the WheelSkins leather steering wheel wrap. A little more expensive and time consuming to put on? Yes, but they look great! (IMO)

I just think it's kinda funny that with all the money you see get thrown at our trucks on this forum, that people would still put what I consider a cheap and ugly cover on one of the things they are are gonna look at and touch everytime they get in their beloved truck.

This is where I take my own medicine:
'Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one and they all stink'.

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

Bill507

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Follow up on my non-led tailgate light bar . Switched to 1/8x2x60 aluminum strip from home depot and a $22 roll of highly reflective tape. Thought it came out very good, but walking up to it this afternoon, full sunlight.. amazed on its effectiveness! Very happy with final result! $52 total for this version.7246b8ce1b761f22afb81ab8f48890f1.jpg

Sent from my rotary telephone using Tapatalk

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tinted front windows to match rear $80 and debadged free.
Waiting for 8.4 tempered glass screen protector $14.99 and black alloy stem caps $14.99

Alaraine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 VVT
i don't know if it's really a "mod" but I got a 32gig portable hard drive for my music and plugged it into the center console usb. Works with the Voice Recognition, I was annoyed by my Uconnect 5 not having a CD player in it so that was my solution. I Also got a locking gas cap after having one stolen, one lost another one broken (Oregon not being self serve annoys me.) other than that I haven't done anything yet.

Last edited: