Best rear exterior and interior led that won’t kill your pocket!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goatpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I’m new the ram forum and just bought a 2011 ram 1500 and want to start upgrading some stuff. In the near future I will be doing a full conversion to xenon led headlights. But for now I’d like to upgrade my license plate lights, cargo lights and back light as well as interior map and dome to led..what are the lights y’all used..any info is greatly appreciated!! cffd151a17c31892e5eff10618dea0f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the 2011, you'll have a bit of an easier time getting LEDS as there seems to be fewer canbus issues. For the interior LEDs, I bought this kit from Amazon. Cost about $12 and even had a couple extra bulbs. had quite the time getting the map lights done, only because the old incandescent ones didn't want to come out. Had to disassemble the overhead console. But the new ones are much brighter. The kit also does the license plate lights and they were easy to replace.

As for LED headlights, I haven't done those yet. So many options and prices. There are a couple of vendors on the board here that can help.

For LED tails, I'd prefer to replace the whole light assembly. Strangely, most of them LED tails use the old incandescent backup bulb. You can replace it with and LED bulb, just not sure whey they go through the effort to make a nice LED tail and not an LED backup as well.

Led fogs can be done either with LED bulbs in the stock housings or the Morimoto projector replacements.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice looking ram, and welcome to the forum. I put these led tail lights and third brake light on my ram. They have led reverse lights. Very happy with them. $189 for both.

FDBEA874-E509-48CC-BB9C-5F486F6D303D.png

AEBDEFD5-966C-407A-B55C-3918F5704941.jpeg

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the chrome bumpers and grille like you, and seapped them out for painted ones. But with your chrome wheels and step bars, i kinda like the chrome theme.

OP
OP
Goatpower

Goatpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the chrome bumpers and grille like you, and seapped them out for painted ones. But with your chrome wheels and step bars, i kinda like the chrome theme.

It looks pretty but believe me...all this chrome+black truck= a constant dirty truck lol I will go to black wheels one day and do away with my chrome mirror covers and chrome step up bars and see what it looks like like that with just a little chrome here and there.. even though I have so much chrome do you think those LED exterior rear lights would look good on my truck that you showed me?

OP
OP
Goatpower

Goatpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Hey could you post a pic of your truck with the light on, then with your cargo light on and if at all possible in reverse so I can see how bright it is...it would be greatly appreciated

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey could you post a pic of your truck with the light on, then with your cargo light on and if at all possible in reverse so I can see how bright it is...it would be greatly appreciated

I will try to gwt those pics tomorrow night for ya.

David H

USA RET
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you're fine with the look of your housings in the back you can simply replace the bulbs with led's for next to nothing.
Plate and upper cargo lights as well as any other 194 type... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LHP5WP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

921 type backups... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075K4DPFY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are for my 2017. Verify your light type before ordering.

Super bright, white light is the result.

PS I think the 194 type is in your dome or map lights as well. It is on mine and the link is for a 10 pack.

OP
OP
Goatpower

Goatpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're fine with the look of your housings in the back you can simply replace the bulbs with led's for next to nothing.
Plate and upper cargo lights as well as any other 194 type... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071LHP5WP/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

921 type backups... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075K4DPFY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are for my 2017. Verify your light type before ordering.

Super bright, white light is the result.

PS I think the 194 type is in your dome or map lights as well. It is on mine and the link is for a 10 pack.

Yeah the map lights are a 921 type t10..and my dome is 2, 212-2/44mm festoon. But I could use the 194 in map because it’s a t10 type bulb I’m pretty sure.

OP
OP
Goatpower

Goatpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks again guys..I decided to go with LASFIT interior lights and plate lights and I am going to wait on my rear exterior lights till I decide if I wanna go with a whole new assembly or just get the led bulbs. I also bought a set of coverking skanda neosupreme seat covers for front and back..pretty excited for those

OP
OP
Goatpower

Goatpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What color did you order? Post pics if you can when you get them installed.

I’m a ky hunter so I went with camo and black in the mossy oak obsession. They will take three weeks to ship because there custom fitted to my seats.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The downside of the LED 3rd brake light/cargo light is that the cargo LEDs are pointed the same direction as the brake LEDs instead of downward into the bed. I was surprised how much the stock light lit up the bed area. I'd still like to install bed lighting, but I'm not in a hurry to replace the cargo lights.

OP
OP
Goatpower

Goatpower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The downside of the LED 3rd brake light/cargo light is that the cargo LEDs are pointed the same direction as the brake LEDs instead of downward into the bed. I was surprised how much the stock light lit up the bed area. I'd still like to install bed lighting, but I'm not in a hurry to replace the cargo lights.

That’s why I’m really just thinking about switching out the bulbs instead of the whole assembly and maybe getting them tented