best sounding exhaust for my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gingie426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Theres a lot of different exhausts for the trucks. I just replaced the muffler with straight pipe and left the cats and resinators in place, and that sounds pretty nice

Lufty

Muskies Bite
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 REBEL
Engine
Devin: I would look into MBRP. Have it on my truck and love it. I think that's the sound your looking for.

JQ3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since money isn't a concern...Corsa or Borla Catback. I had a full Borla catback on a 2012 Mustang GT and it was pure bliss to the ears. I've never had a Corsa, but all my research leads me to believe that it sounds the awesome too. I wanted the Borla full exhaust for my RAM, but money WAS a concern so I went with just the Borla muffler, $139, without deleting the resonators. It sounds damn good to me!

So, flip a coin...Borla...Corsa.

lowvaluetarget

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard a couple of Charger R/T's and their exhaust sounds amazing when they jump on the throttle. I would assume it's stock because of the two separate incidents.

Does anyone know what's different muffler-wise between our trucks and their cars?

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
does it matter if i have the single exaust and not the dual pipe???

JQ3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've heard a couple of Charger R/T's and their exhaust sounds amazing when they jump on the throttle. I would assume it's stock because of the two separate incidents.

Does anyone know what's different muffler-wise between our trucks and their cars?

I believe the newer Charger RT's have 2 mufflers...true duals.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
I just put the 24" Mufflex on mine and love it. Not too loud not too quiet.

84lamb250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I saw someone else already mentioned this, but the y-pipe instead of muffler has a pretty good tone in my opinion. I fabbed the y-pipe by cutting up a couple turn downs and welding them together, then just put that in place of the muffler. Cheap and easy if you want to just experiment and see what it sounds like. Doesn't seem obnoxiously loud to me (comparing to my old truck with true duals and glass packs). It does start to drone on the highway though, and that gets annoying when towing.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to hijack - I have a Progressive serious Carven exhaust I may be selling...Been on truck 22 hours LOL. Seriously. Trying to decide if I want to send it back and get hit with a shipping fee + 20% restocking fee or just sell.

hemisport5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not to hijack - I have a Progressive serious Carven exhaust I may be selling...Been on truck 22 hours LOL. Seriously. Trying to decide if I want to send it back and get hit with a shipping fee + 20% restocking fee or just sell.

What don't you like about it? I was looking at those the other night.

OilfieldLife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say the Y pipe would be a good starting point, very cheap and durable. If it's too loud or too deep for your taste you can always add magnaflow, Borla, or whatever. But I personally like to start cheap, simple, and durable and then go from there if the tone needs to be adjusted for your tastes

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What don't you like about it? I was looking at those the other night.

Its just too loud for me. Cold idle is very loud. Acceleration sounds good but again, a tad loud. At cruise its very low key. The one thing I don't like is when MDS is locked in and let's say I accelerate but not heavy enough to get out of it, the MDS sound is horrendous.