Best tire shine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In S. Fla we use Zombie Spit....

But seriously, I use anything that is water based (No Sling). But I want to try either the DupliColor Tire Shine coating or the Turtle Wax Black Tire coating.

You need to hit me up on how to get some Jax Wax products...plus, it's a Florida based company!!! their "Shine All" is water based and is AWESOME!!! I use it on my engine, trim, dash...I'd even consider shining my ass with it...

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I use 303 Protectant on the tires. It does not give the shiniest shine, but, it does keep road dust off the wheels and tires for ALOT longer. And, it also UV protects the rubber.

I use it on the X5 tires as well.

Grubrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The DupliColor Tire Shine is a very good product. It's the product I used on my Toyo Open Country mudders on my previous truck as application around the aggresive outer tire tread was a lot easier to apply than the VRT and an applicator pad.

It held up very well and didn't sling...... As long as it sat for a little while after application. Adam's VRT has absolutely no sling anytime.... And holds up a lot longer than any other I've used.

Highly recommended.

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think we all use fukken wax here lol almost every thread has something about it on this forum lol

It aint easy.... bein' Easy ;)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
has anyone here tried that Fukken wax? i picked it up off a jeep website. it is awesome and way fun to fool around with people on the name. check it out

Welcome to ram forum. Everybody on here knows about fukken. Lol

They are a sponsor. Great stuff

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
:D:D

Yeah, I sponsor a Jeep site too. Kinda forgot about that one............d'oh!

But, Fukken - not good for tires!

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Meguiar's Endurance Tire Spray is what I use. Black Magic seems to work for some but if you get any bit of overspray from that on your wheels your wheels will suck up brake dust, dirt, etc... and look like crap. Meguiar's doesn't seem to leave a mess, it smells good, and it lasts.

Megahemi06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mequires Hot Shine. Where do you get Adams VRT, i have not seen that around here.

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
Meguiars Endurance here, comes in a lotion, aresol or trigger spray, dries completely dry and lasts weeks through rain and washing

Fstryde03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use Meguiar's Hot Shine or Black Magic, instead of spraying onto the tires I apply the product to a sponge first then onto the tire. Lasts a good long while and I don't have to worry about over spray or slinging.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've found this stuff - No Touch Wet n' Protect - to work really well on tires. Sprays clean and easily (no foam), leaves a wet-look shine that lasts quite through hand washings (sheds water).

21EHsfp4CwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I try lots of these things - try around until I find something good. Last time I washed my truck, I accidentally grabbed a can of Black Magic spray wax and shot my tires with it - it actually came out pretty decent for an accident. LOL

Edgethis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Figured I'd bring this thread back.

I have used the Turtle Wax tire coat its a small can and its like $12. If you want to use that then make sure you clean teh tire extremely well as its almsot a clearcoat and it'll trap anything on the tire. Looks awesome for weeks but it is also extremely hard to get off of your tire once it starts cracking/fading.

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I use Flynn's Tire Shine which is a gel instead of a spray. It soaks into the rubber and is water resistant. Keeps the tires shiney for about 2 weeks.

Bob crew cab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Were can I find the Adam's VRT? Can it be ordered online? None of the parts stores carry it in my town.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
I have used just about all of them besides the Adams all seem to do ok. Tend to like the foaming ones myself seeing as the tire cleaner I use gets 90% of the red clay we race in off and the foam gets the last 10%.

DSW97

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tried them all. Black Magic has stood out the most.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like the "shiny/glossy" look. Here's the few I like -- which produce satin results: No Touch Original, Black Magic Titanium Matte, and Surf City Beyond Black. I spray on all, let soak a few min, and then wipe. This produces a nice, clean, satin look.

1LowBlkRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Big Horn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
NXT Insane Tire Shine its an aerosal but its amazing and last forever....

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Were can I find the Adam's VRT? Can it be ordered online? None of the parts stores carry it in my town.

I am an Adams admin on their site so if you need help let me know.

I'm here for myself and not for Adams, but it's all I use on my three vehicles.

I stay FAR FAR away from any silicon containing products. SVRT is water proof and when diluted slightly with water and put in a sprayer works amazingly well for getting in the deep side lugs of any all terrain tires. DO NOT mistake this for the former VRT which was NOT waterproof. S stands for SUPER! :peace:

Adams DOES NOT sell to box stores like Wal-Marts and such. They're more of a boutique product for the discerning consumer/user. :waytogo:

Also, try their In and Out spray on egg crate or hex grills and other hard to apply areas. It's the bomb!

Chris

apeek22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Meguiar's Hot Shine or Black Magic, instead of spraying onto the tires I apply the product to a sponge first then onto the tire. Lasts a good long while and I don't have to worry about over spray or slinging.

I put on the hot shine 2 weeks ago, just now looking like it needs another coat. One thing I did not like about it was that it could collect the gel in corners of the sidewall tred and appear "gummy"