Best tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I'm running a 13 Ram 1500 Hemi and just trying to get some better mpgs daily, and more performance towing. What's everyone's opinion on the Intune I2 for doing that?

It won't be worth it for MPG, in my opinion. With any tuner, there is not a whole lot of extra MPG to get out of the trucks. Maybe one or two on the highway, if you can keep your foot out of it. To make up the difference in cost, the tuner being hundreds of dollars, it would take several years or more typically.

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 14 with just a magnaflow exhaust and drop in filter. How much difference does the canned tunes make? Can you turn MDS off with the canned tunes?

Canned tunes don't do a hell of a lot. And yes you can turn off MDS.
I really recommend a I 1000DCX, used or even a leftover discontinued one.
You can get a I 1000DCX and a Jay Greene tune for around $300, that is a lot of bang for your buck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DiabloSport...ash=item2ef8ccd84d:g:NaoAAOSwcUBYK38G&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Diablo-Spor...ash=item1ebda6753f:g:29IAAOSwOtdYTHXc&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

Bulletfire18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys im new to this forum i am a member of dodge forum. I recently upgraded from an 2003 ram 1400 4.7 to a 2014 1500 express 5.7 . So i had the Edge CTS2 in my old truck has anyone ever used it in their 2013+ with the 8speed.. I am not going to go crazy mainly used it for pulling my camper with the other truck and from the way this one drives i may not need it unless it will be helpful.. any info on using the edge CTS2 is great

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys im new to this forum i am a member of dodge forum. I recently upgraded from an 2003 ram 1400 4.7 to a 2014 1500 express 5.7 . So i had the Edge CTS2 in my old truck has anyone ever used it in their 2013+ with the 8speed.. I am not going to go crazy mainly used it for pulling my camper with the other truck and from the way this one drives i may not need it unless it will be helpful.. any info on using the edge CTS2 is great

I may be wrong, but I don't think the Edge CTS2 is compatible with a 14 gas engine.

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I take that back, Edge Products 85450 CTS2 Gas Evolution Programmer will work on the 5.7

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi

The Edge display is nice, but they aren't really known for their Hemi truck tuning. If you are looking for a nice tuner package on a budget, I would look into the Diablo i2 with Hemifever Custom Tuning. Through the end of the year, we have this package marked down to only $436, and you get free tune updates as well in case you decide to modify the truck anymore in the future.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Edge display is nice, but they aren't really known for their Hemi truck tuning. If you are looking for a nice tuner package on a budget, I would look into the Diablo i2 with Hemifever Custom Tuning. Through the end of the year, we have this package marked down to only $436, and you get free tune updates as well in case you decide to modify the truck anymore in the future.

Matt, on a side note, any plans of incorporating HPTuners into mix?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Matt, on a side note, any plans of incorporating HPTuners into mix?

Maybe. As of now, I just havent seen enough difference in HP to justify the cost and loss of datalogging ability that you get with Diablo. If HP ends up releasing trans tuning before Diablo, then it would make more sense to consider HP tuners at that point. Until then, I still feel you get more for your money with Diablo.

moregrip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe. As of now, I just havent seen enough difference in HP to justify the cost and loss of datalogging ability that you get with Diablo. If HP ends up releasing trans tuning before Diablo, then it would make more sense to consider HP tuners at that point. Until then, I still feel you get more for your money with Diablo.

for sure I agree with you when considering RAM only platforms, some of us have Chrysler and GM or other so HPTuners is kinda nice for that!