Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L V6
Hey everyone I'm on a budget with how much I am able to put into my truck. But I stumbled across leveling with bilsteins set at 2.75 inches and a 3 inch body lift. I think that is the most proper way I can get height with my budget and not ruining things on my truck because I "took the cheap route." But I plan to get 12 inch wide rims and I'm just wondering with 12 wides and truly 5.75 inches of lift can I fit 37's? I know there will be trimming and that's okay. I just want to know if after I trim will I still be rubbing excessively? I know six inch lifts are usually rated for 37x12.50 tires but I still have this gut feeling it'll just end up being a mess. Any advice helps, thanks!

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
There's a member here cloudlight, search him and you'll see he fit 37s on a level kit with minor trimming. With proper offset in the wheels, say 0mm to about -12mm roughly on a 9 or 10 inch wide wheel o don't see why you wouldn't fit 37s no problem. Heck, a 3"bl could probably fit them. I'm gonna be ordering the eibach pro kit here soon, and in conjunction with a 1.5bl down the road I plan on running 37s. These trucks have huge wheel wells so fitting huge tires is pretty easy. Don't get too crazy with wheel with and offset and you'll have minimal trimming to do. Though I do hope you have 3.92 gears , I'm not excited to run around with 3.55s until I can get the gears swapped out which might lean me towards running 35s just to avoid the headache.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

bruiserRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This guy on Youtube bought an '09 1500 from Fred Williams (of Dirt Every Day and 4X4 magazine) and put 37's on it....with no rear lift and only 1" in front! He has lots of good suspension mod (and more) videos on his truck, but this one is about the big tires:

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wanted to point out a few considerations...Have you thought through how much those tires weigh and how that and the overall size is going to affect your power? I can tell you going from a 31.5 to a 33.2 in my 5.7 I could feel a real difference. Noticeable enough to consider regearing myself.
Just some food for thought! I am sure it will look awesome though!

Fergeson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I jumped to 35x12.5 on 20x12s I desperately wanted to regear my truck lol
Just wanted to point out a few considerations...Have you thought through how much those tires weigh and how that and the overall size is going to affect your power? I can tell you going from a 31.5 to a 33.2 in my 5.7 I could feel a real difference. Noticeable enough to consider regearing myself.
Just some food for thought! I am sure it will look awesome though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357