Bilstein's with Readylift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bravo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I notice with Superlift's 4 inch lift they use a spacer that mounts to the Bilstein 5100 at the top before reinstallation in a 2013 Ram 1500.I currently have 5100 up front. The shock setting is at the number 4 ring position one less than the max position,and for the rear axle I have a SuperLift rear 2 inch spring.My question is can I install a ReadyLift 1 7/8 inch spacer on top of the Bilstein 5100 in the frt end. The truck measurements are 38 1/2 up frt and the rear is at a 40 1/2 a 2 inch difference.So the frt has to come up.

brasso

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
Im also wondering this.. I want a little more lift up front

OP
OP
Bravo1

Bravo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am about 2 inch of lift in the frt,with this setting on the Bilsteins,and with the ReadyLift 1.75 we would be close on CV,Ball joint angle as well.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am about 2 inch of lift in the frt,with this setting on the Bilsteins,and with the ReadyLift 1.75 we would be close on CV,Ball joint angle as well.

the cv's would bind. 4wd wouldnt work or you would have a hell of a shudder or vibration, right up until something breaks. ball joint angles would be horrible (to the point of being dangerous). and the truck would not align properly. theres a reason why its not a simple as stacking a bigger spacer.

OP
OP
Bravo1

Bravo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea I agree,I have one more setting on the Bilsteins,so I might use this to take up the difference from FRT to RR.And have a 1 inch diff,and call it a day.Have you heard of anyone having problems with the 5100's and the max lift setting ?.

Stephens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Bud,

If your going to go up any higher you really need to get some type of lift! I would recommend a 4in lift for what it appears you are trying to do. Usually when you buy a complete lift (Spacers or Suspension replacement) they come with a diff drop. When you move up to 6in, you typically have to cut the frame.

If you do not want a lift, I'd highly recommend a complete suspension change all the way around! IDK what your price range is but check out ICONs 3in level suspension with Upper control arms. Comes with coilovers (F AMAZING), and complete rear suspension, and Upper control A-Arms with UNIBALL (Also Amazing). No Lift, No diff drop, and a SMOOTH RIDE!

OP
OP
Bravo1

Bravo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ryan the kit that is in the truck is a Mopar 2 inch,which performs really well for its height.I am thinking of getting the 4 inch Mopar kit,from Superlift.I just need the kit minus the shocks and springs.

Stephens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OHH!

I'm not entirely sure you can buy just the kit without suspension. If you do figure it out let us know!

Send pics when you finish!

OP
OP
Bravo1

Bravo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So if I want to go to the last setting on the Bilstein at 2.8,I should get a pair of ReadyLift's or some Zones UCA's.This will free up that angle everyone is talking out.

OP
OP
Bravo1

Bravo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Mopar 0"-2" inch lift installed and the rear springs have jacked up the back end 2 more inch's from the front again,when I called Mopar they stated that because of the tongue weight,they needed a 2 inch's lift spring,because once loaded to max,the rear end will be level.I hooked up a 29ft trailer yesterday and it is perfectly level.Rode really nice no trailer squat,or sway.The frt blisters are set at the number 4 ring groove.How can I take the front end up another 2 inch to level the truck ?,without spending a arm,and leg.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have the Mopar 0"-2" inch lift installed and the rear springs have jacked up the back end 2 more inch's from the front again,when I called Mopar they stated that because of the tongue weight,they needed a 2 inch's lift spring,because once loaded to max,the rear end will be level.I hooked up a 29ft trailer yesterday and it is perfectly level.Rode really nice no trailer squat,or sway.The frt blisters are set at the number 4 ring groove.How can I take the front end up another 2 inch to level the truck ?,without spending a arm,and leg.

1) if you lift the front of your truck more, it will not be level when towing
2) if you already have a 2" lift in the front, your not getting another 2" without a full lift kit. maybe .5" tops.

brasso

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 hemi
What do yall mean when you say drop the diff?

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Lower the rear and get a body lift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bravo1

Bravo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will check into that thanks for the idea.

OP
OP
Bravo1

Bravo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am looking at Mopar's 4 inch lift,but was kinda disappointed by the restriction on wheel.Does anyone know why no 17x9 was this a fitment issue or was it a stability issue.Only 18x9,or20x9.

mr_maenpaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Superlift on '13 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman

4" Superlift with Bilstien shocks, Moto Metal 20" Havoc wheels wrapped in 35x12 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ's 1.25" wheel spacers (due to rubbing).

Attachments

• IMAG1037.jpg
    IMAG1037.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMAG1040.jpg
    IMAG1040.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMAG1038.jpg
    IMAG1038.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 38

Calicrew1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 4 inch Rancho lift on my truck with Bilsteins set at 2.1. I also have a strut spacer on top of the Bilsteins because Bilstein doesn't make a strut/shock that is long enough for a 4-6 inch lift. I didn't want the Rancho Strut that is for the Rancho 4 inch kit because it is just a Rancho 5000 shock which I don't like. I also have Readylift unibal UCA's. I have no issues at all with this set up and I have a great ride, on and off-road. The Rancho 4 inch lift drops the diff 4 inches so with this, CV angles are good.

OP
OP
Bravo1

Bravo1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchase a Mopar/Superlift 4 inch kit most website's are discounting this kit 500.00 dollars.