Blacked out emblems, Or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grizzstang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It really doesn't matter what other people think.

I am not a fan of the "blackout" look myself but it is not my truck.

Do Pennsylvania plates for cars say "car" on the bottom?

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
well, since I've got the blacked out version of the truck, I'd say leave em black!

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It really doesn't matter what other people think.

I am not a fan of the "blackout" look myself but it is not my truck.

Do Pennsylvania plates for cars say "car" on the bottom?

No it says "visit PA" where the truck plate says truck. Just another way for the state to make money off of you. If you have a car plate, you have to buy a truck plate. Makes no sense

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks better to me, especially since you have black bumpers. I took off my SLT badge a couple weeks after I blacked out my badges since it really is just a black rectangle now. Lol..

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I like it but my truck is a blacked out edition LOL. At first I wasn’t a big fan of the blacked out but it’s growing on me. Originally I wanted to add chrome to my blacked out truck. But I got a personalized plate and now I’m committed to the black LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks better to me, especially since you have black bumpers. I took off my SLT badge a couple weeks after I blacked out my badges since it really is just a black rectangle now. Lol..
Yeah that will be coming off once it gets warm. I had chrome bumpers...I couldnt stand them so i took them both off, and bought new bumpers and had them painted black. The chrome bumpers bothered me since the fist day i bought the truck. Truck has came a long way.
Here are before, and after pics.

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_2097.JPG

Jrod

USAF 1997-2008
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
Truck has 20% tint, but im gonna have to remove my front window tint since i got pulled over a week ago and got a ticket. Sucks.

View attachment 122645

Funny how I can get an installer to install illegal tint on my front doors but they refused to run a strip along the top of my front windshield because it’s illegal...

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah that will be coming off once it gets warm. I had chrome bumpers...I couldnt stand them so i took them both off, and bought new bumpers and had them painted black. The chrome bumpers bothered me since the fist day i bought the truck. Truck has came a long way.

View attachment 122643

View attachment 122644

Hey man how do you like those headlights ? are those the eBay specials ? I like my black housing OEM lights but wanting something more like the sports but don’t have the money for those. Well, I do but that’s a tough pill to swallow. Even used they’re $800 USD on here [emoji17]

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 122643

View attachment 122644

Same here, but dipped my bumpers. Just need to get the door and fender emblems and you are done with the chrome. Looks real good. I'm obviously partial to the blackout, our trucks are damn near twins now!

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab & 2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As you can tell from my truck I don't like chrome, hence buying my Express with Black Express option. But when it really comes down to it, that is why there are various models and options. That way we can buy the RAM that looks best to us.

(although anyone that didn't get a blacked out RAM doesn't have a clue) :angels2:

BuffaloRam2490

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

View attachment 122643

View attachment 122644

Did you have issues switching out your headlights or tails for the projectors or leds?

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey man how do you like those headlights ? are those the eBay specials ? I like my black housing OEM lights but wanting something more like the sports but don’t have the money for those. Well, I do but that’s a tough pill to swallow. Even used they’re $800 USD on here [emoji17]

Thanks for all of the replys guys. Looks like i will be keeping the emblems black, and plastidipping the side emblems as well. Im happy with my ebay lights, I really like the look of them. I installed LED bulbs, but they arent the brightest. Obviously I can not afford or justify the high dollar factory projectors, and HID kits most guys run on here. Dont get me wrong...if i had the $800+ dollars I would get them. For what i paid for mine though, overall im happy with them.