Blower Motor will not run at all

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys, I am completely lost on this one. I cannot get the blower motor to work on my 2011 ram 3500. It has the automatic climate control in it. I already replaced the blower motor as well as the resistor. I checked every single fuse and relay. I took the tipm off and checked every single plug in it and nothing was burnt or looked damaged. I’m completely lost right now with this. I have 0 power making it to the 4 pin connector going to the resistor which in turn means no power to blower motor. Originally it started out constantly turning on and off on me and adjusting speeds then eventually it just shut off now and won’t work at all. Everything on the climate works. You can switch different modes and hear the doors open and close for different blends. There is just 0 power going to the blower motor. I have looked at all these videos of loose wires in the plugs for the tipm but all mine are fine. I’m about to give up and take it to a shop.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You just gonna have to work backwards to troubleshoot. If you say all the fuses and other connectors OK, go to the 4 pin connector and back up. Only way to troubleshoot, and a monster PITA. Have U tried putting a power source other than vehicle wiring to motor to see if it works? (I would do that though very carefully, not want to blow up yer motor). Check out these 2 vids

OP
OP
S

Steve1111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea it’s going to be a pain in the butt. If I had the dang wiring diagram for it that would make it 10x easier so I know where I’m going looking for stuff. Not sure where to even find it as most of the free stuff have been removed.

OP
OP
S

Steve1111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So strangely enough after sitting for 3 days I turned the truck in today and blower motor is working perfectly fine. I’m totally stumped. That means the wires must be fine. I’m leaning towards climate control module or the TIPM For now I am not going to mess with it unless it stops working on me again.

OP
OP
S

Steve1111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So just an update. It stopped working again a day after that last post where it randomly was working.

I broke down and bought the TIPM and installed it and everything works as it should now. Mine was not the wire in the plug like in the videos but the actually TIPM itself. Hope it helps someone down the road.