bluetooth issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amandamunsell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can connect my bluetooth and it even shows my music on the screen like it's playing. But there is no music coming out. I've tried everything. Is there an update that I'm supposed to do? This is making me so mad. Sometimes it will start working and the next time I get in it will show music, but no sound. Any thoughts?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This forum is for the 19 and up trucks. Seems yours is a 14. Might want to post in the 4th gen forum below. Just a suggestion.

Disregard. Seems it has been moved to the correct sub-forum.

Last edited:

zrock

Reaction score
this does not help but in my other truck with a aftermarket stereo i had the same issue and it was random. contacted the manufacturer and they said it was a known problem but no fix.. I ended up changing music players and that fixed it for me.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Over the years I've various frustrations with bluetooth. Some phones have just been incompatible it seems. Resetting the radio (hold down volume and station change buttons simultaneously I think) and pairing/unpairing the device can also help. Somewhere there is a list of supported devices so you might talk to your dealer or search online to see if your phone is too new or otherwise not supported. It might be a matter of getting an update on the radio so you have the most up to date devices supported.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just throwing it out there, probably already tried BUT have you messed with the volume on your phone itself. If the media volume is muted or turned all the way down you might not get a output from the stereo.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
IF ?

are you using any kind of cord with the setup ?
or is everything cordless ?

If there is a cord, try using a different brand

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can connect my bluetooth and it even shows my music on the screen like it's playing. But there is no music coming out. I've tried everything. Is there an update that I'm supposed to do? This is making me so mad. Sometimes it will start working and the next time I get in it will show music, but no sound. Any thoughts?

What input source is selected on the radio when you can see the music but not hear it?

IF ?

are you using any kind of cord with the setup ?
or is everything cordless ?

If there is a cord, try using a different brand

BlueTooth would suggest a wireless connection. It might be worthwhile to test a wired connection though to see if it shows a similar result.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Actually, this IS the gen 4 forum for '14 thru '18. Read the header

Thread was moved here.
That's correct, I moved it.
If anyone sees a thread not in the correct section just hit the report button and comment it's in the wrong section.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just throwing it out there, probably already tried BUT have you messed with the volume on your phone itself. If the media volume is muted or turned all the way down you might not get a output from the stereo.
This, press the volume up rocker on your phone. If it has a three dot menu at 5he top, open it and see if one of the options is muted on your phone. Conversely, if you have Bluetooth headphones you can check and see if it has the same symptoms.

If not this, it's possible your phone is using an incompatible Bluetooth codec. Some phones let you change the codec.

BigTex13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have had issues with a S10 and was able to get a temporary fix by clearing the cache and data on the Bluetooth on my phone. After that I finally deleted the radio from my phone and reconnected which helped. I now have a S23 and started having the issue of changing from a pod cast to my music app and not having music play but showing the correct info on the radio. I deleted the cache in my Bluetooth and so far so good with no issues, but this was just within the oast few days so I'll have to see if ot happens again

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
My BIL had a serious problem with his stereo, could not hear anything.
Booked a it in with the dealer, they pushed the mutt button.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My BIL had a serious problem with his stereo, could not hear anything.
Booked a it in with the dealer, they pushed the mutt button.
Two pages and I don't believe any of us even mentioned that...great point!