body lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjfbball01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 V8 Magnum
I have a 2wd 01 1500 with a 2" leveling kit. I want to put a body lift since i cant find any lift kits. Are body kits expensive to install/put on ? or would i be able to do it my self?

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The body lift itself can be found for about 200 bucks just shop around. It can e done yourself but find some buddy's to lend a hand! Will go much smoother. Check out performance accessories website and read ye instructions for installation and see if it sounds like something you wanna tackle. Reading it die make it sound much harder than it actually is but a shop here wanted like 500 bucks to put mine on which was way more than I paid for the kit on my old ford.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
welcome to the site.

fabtech has a 3.5" and 6.5" lift kit for 2wd

the body lift is not difficult and a great option for you imo.
it adds spacers to the body mounts and has longer bolts.
so you loosen one side, jack it up, place the spacers and bolts, repeat on other side. then there are other items to address like bumper brackets, shift and steering linkage, fan shroud, etc. usually all of that is included in the kit.