bosch 4 hole injectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum
my engine hasnt been making the power or fuel mileage it used to, i used to be able to whip my welding trailer behind it like nothing was bck there, havent added any weight to the trailer it just started pulling like a dog over time, i just did the plenum fix and cap, rotor, wire, and plugs tuneup nothing helped could it be the injectors are getting tired? if so would the four hole injectors improve the fuel delivery? its the 5.9 with 127.000 miles i ran bunch of lucas cleaner and sea foam through the fuel a bit ago just cant figure out where my power went, the only noticeable problem with the motor is the front main is leaking a tad

Max78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Make sure your entire exhaust is still free flowing, if you dumped enough oil through your cat it could have overheated and damaged it causing poor flow which can hinder performance, if your muffler is old or cheap it could be failing internally as well. Then maybe look into your timing chain, fuel pressure regulator, coil. Injectors would be close to the last thing on my list as they dont generally wear out.

I would recommend adding Techron at each fill up for a while to help slowly and safely clean deposits. I use it occasionally to keep the system clean.

Also dont forget to make sure your transmission is healthy, have the bands adjusted, change fluids and filter, look for excessive material in the pan.

I replaced my timing chain at 180K and it make a very noticeable difference in performance.

I also adjusted the TV cable on my truck and it made a huge difference in how it performed. Over time the cable can stretch and that will cause your line pressures to drop will result in earlier, softer shifts that make your truck feel like a complete dog!

OP
OP
Mattx15

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Make sure your entire exhaust is still free flowing, if you dumped enough oil through your cat it could have overheated and damaged it causing poor flow which can hinder performance, if your muffler is old or cheap it could be failing internally as well. Then maybe look into your timing chain, fuel pressure regulator, coil. Injectors would be close to the last thing on my list as they dont generally wear out.

I would recommend adding Techron at each fill up for a while to help slowly and safely clean deposits. I use it occasionally to keep the system clean.

Also dont forget to make sure your transmission is healthy, have the bands adjusted, change fluids and filter, look for excessive material in the pan.

I replaced my timing chain at 180K and it make a very noticeable difference in performance.

I also adjusted the TV cable on my truck and it made a huge difference in how it performed. Over time the cable can stretch and that will cause your line pressures to drop will result in earlier, softer shifts that make your truck feel like a complete dog!

tranny was rebuilt at 90,000 rear end around the same time just serviced both a year ago planning on changing the muffler not sure on the cat though but yeah ill have to checkout throwing a timing chain in there. how do you adjust the tv cable?

OP
OP
Mattx15

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum

dudeman2009

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500 Sport with enough electrical modifications to make my brain hurt
Engine
Magnum 360
The stock injectors are pretty good, they really don't wear that much unless you have some really crappy fuel. You can also tune some more power out of the engine on the stock injectors quite happily.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
If you're changing injectors replace with factory. There's no gain in 4 hole ******** and swapping in an aftermarket injector isn't all that simple. It has to have proper resistance, they all trim differently from different voltage levels, need correct flow which is where **** really gets tricky. There's to much inconsistency and fakes on the market that make it dangerous. Ask Joey about his debacle, I'll try to find the link.

Unless doing custom tuning to account for em, stick to stock

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Especially considering stock are more than enough for built engines that dont feature boost or longer stroke

OP
OP
Mattx15

Mattx15

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If you're changing injectors replace with factory. There's no gain in 4 hole ******** and swapping in an aftermarket injector isn't all that simple. It has to have proper resistance, they all trim differently from different voltage levels, need correct flow which is where **** really gets tricky. There's to much inconsistency and fakes on the market that make it dangerous. Ask Joey about his debacle, I'll try to find the link.

Unless doing custom tuning to account for em, stick to stock

makes sense, im just trying to figure out how to get my power back at times it feels almost as if im lacking 20 to 30 hp compared to what it used to pull like