Bought wheels from Custom Offset TPMS Not Working!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey everyone, so I bought 37s Toyos and 22 inch fuel wheels from custom offset, and I paid the extra cost for tpms sensors to be put on. I got the wheels installed, and put on plenty of miles and weeks of driving still no tpms showing up on the dash. I took the truck to discount tires, and the guy wasn’t able to read them at all with his device. Got in contact with custom offset, they said that the wheels should have OEM sensors installed in the wheels and to take it to dealer. I took it to a different shop, the guy spend long time reading each sensor but was able to finally get a read on them, and said that now I have to drive for 15-30 min to get the system to relearn them. After driving a few days and lots of miles put on, still nothing. Called custom offset again, and now they tell me that they don’t sell “OEM” sensors and all they’ll do is refund me for the sensors after I them off and send them back to them. Now I’m in position where I paid over 4 grand for new wheels tires and have the wrong tpms in them, and I have to go out and buy OEM sensors and pay someone to swap them out and possibly damage the wheels in the process, and custom offset won’t offer me any other solution. BTW I have 2015 Ram 3500 SRW. Can anyone give their input on this?

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had this issue with tpms from 2 different online companies when buying two separate wheel packages. There is different frequencies for our trucks. I can’t remember the exact frequencies but I believe the newer trucks are 4.3hz. I ended up buying them from the local tire shop for a bit higher price but they at least work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
15limited

15limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have had this issue with tpms from 2 different online companies when buying two separate wheel packages. There is different frequencies for our trucks. I can’t remember the exact frequencies but I believe the newer trucks are 4.3hz. I ended up buying them from the local tire shop for a bit higher price but they at least work.

Do you recall if the shop sell you OEM sensors or aftermarket?

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
why not use the tpms sensors from your old wheels?

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t believe that. I have the stock set in my moto metal wheels I use for winter and aftermarket tpms in my TIS wheels I run in summer. You just have to have tpms acceptable valve stems that they can put the stock senors onto.

OP
OP
15limited

15limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I don’t believe that. I have the stock set in my moto metal wheels I use for winter and aftermarket tpms in my TIS wheels I run in summer. You just have to have tpms acceptable valve stems that they can put the stock senors onto.

tuats a good point, I will have to look into doing that. Would I be able to take the sensors off myself?

2014greatwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They are an Allen key. The valve stem stays in and the sensors part just gets screwed into the new valve stem.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have asked this before and was told that they take a decent amount of damage removing them when they swap tires.

i took them from my stock wheels and put them on my aftermarket wheels. over a year and no issue. it just a sales gimmick since they are inside the tire. i told them ill roll the dice since they are expensive lol.

POINTMAN380

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i took them from my stock wheels and put them on my aftermarket wheels. over a year and no issue. it just a sales gimmick since they are inside the tire. i told them ill roll the dice since they are expensive lol.
Good to know. I just bought a set, they were cheap, like 25.00 for my new wheels. Looks like I'll have spares

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
Older Rams are at one frequency. Newer Rams starting around mid 13 production got new sensor frequency.

Older is 433 MHz up to 13

Newer is 315 MHz starting in mid 13.

Many after market sensors work, some may be challenging.

My aftermarket sensors worked but would drop out if any electrical interference was encountered. Think train crossing signals or rail road tracks.

Ended up replacing with 100% OEM. Sensors. Problem solved.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
tuats a good point, I will have to look into doing that. Would I be able to take the sensors off myself?
Just take your old wheels to Discount Tire (or whatever tire shop you choose) and have them move the sensors to the new wheels. It might cost a little bit, but you won't have to pay for new sensors and they really should work the same as they did with your old set up.

After you return the sensors to Custom Offset and get your refund, let everyone who asks, know what you think of their customer service.